I have used window XP Home edition since 2years, recently
I have download the SP2 from the window update centre, it has downloaded
correctly, however during the installing period about half installed and it
has said ACCESS DENIED, after that all installed files would be delete and
wouldn't be fully installed, I have no idea what, where went wrong to my
computer and I'm really worried, please anybody could help me where it went
wrong?
thank you. can email me directly shyampandey30@hotmail.com
thank you

Hi

Do you know how far into the installation SP2 got before the 'Access Denied'
error message showed up? Can you remember what was installed just before
that point?

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"S. K. Pandey" <S. K. Pandey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have used window XP Home edition since 2years, recently
> I have download the SP2 from the window update centre, it has downloaded
> correctly, however during the installing period about half installed and
> it
> has said ACCESS DENIED, after that all installed files would be delete and
> wouldn't be fully installed, I have no idea what, where went wrong to my
> computer and I'm really worried, please anybody could help me where it
> went
> wrong?
> thank you. can email me directly shyampandey30@hotmail.com
> thank you

I have the same problem. I'm trying to fix my in-law's machine. They had a
worm which I removed, and then I decided to install all of the available
updates for their XP Home OS.

I don't know how much of my troubles can be attributed to the speed of their
machine (or lack thereof), but the 1h 29m download took over 4 hours the
other day. However, when I install SP2, it takes so long that I leave the
room and just check up on it every 20 mins or so. I have no idea exactly
when it fails, but it seems to do so after about 30-45 mins. This happened
twice to me yesterday.

I'm about ready to give up on SP2 for this particular computer, but I'm
worried it might leave the machine open to more problems than before.