help again

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
April 23, 2005 5:03:01 PM

I'm trying to install my Lexmark Z23 printer and when it gets to
installation, it says "Can't load LXSUPMON.DLL" then it says "Error copying
file- lexstart.ex_." what can I do?

More about : question

Anonymous
April 23, 2005 5:37:30 PM

I assume you're using a Lexmark CD to do this? Go here to get the latest installation files.
http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs...

(TinyURL = http://tinyurl.com/95ekg)

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

"al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7921C977-25DB-43FC-9CEB-CB7B42675FEB@microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to install my Lexmark Z23 printer and when it gets to
> installation, it says "Can't load LXSUPMON.DLL" then it says "Error copying
> file- lexstart.ex_." what can I do?
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 12:51:28 AM

Shovin n pushin my way in front of Gary.

Download the latest updated drivers as suggested by Gary and dl'd/copy/unzip
the file/s in a folder of their own for now.
Now head for Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall anything related
to the printer or other past printers.

Once finished, if you do not know where apps/files were installed for the
printer, use Find > Folders/Files to locate any left behind remnants that can be
deleted. Many poorly written install/uninstall apps do not remove Start Menu
sc's and or folder/files from where the app was installed.
Next after a quick reboot empty the Temp, IE temp and cookie folders.

Figure I need to mention this for others:
Within the past 48hrs I have uninstalled Nero OEM Express6 along with the very
few app,( that's right, no s at the end ) that came with it. After Add/Remove,
cleaning installation drive and everything I could find on C: I ran a registry
check on Ahead and Nero. It came up with more than 750 entries left in the
registry, all legit Nero which I removed. I then installed the updated version
of what was wanted to the wrong drive purposely monitoring it with Total
Uninstall. After installing, rebooting and clearing out all temps, I restarted
TU and ran the uninstall to remove the Ahead/Nero apps installed. After TU was
finished I ran the registry scan again and it came up with approx 450 entries.
We are talking about a major app that doesn't have a very good
uninstall/cleanup.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to install my Lexmark Z23 printer and when it gets to
> installation, it says "Can't load LXSUPMON.DLL" then it says "Error copying
> file- lexstart.ex_." what can I do?
April 24, 2005 12:51:29 AM

"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message news:umZOhAHSFHA.204@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Shovin n pushin my way in front of Gary.

Hey, watchit, buddy!

Oh... Nevermind, I can see by that hammer in your hand that you mean business, ;<)
(Does anybody really use hammers anymore, or just a weel-stocked arsenal of nailguns?)

> Download the latest updated drivers as suggested by Gary and dl'd/copy/unzip
> the file/s in a folder of their own for now.
> Now head for Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall anything related
> to the printer or other past printers.

Good catch!

> Once finished, if you do not know where apps/files were installed for the
> printer, use Find > Folders/Files to locate any left behind remnants that can be
> deleted. Many poorly written install/uninstall apps do not remove Start Menu
> sc's and or folder/files from where the app was installed.
> Next after a quick reboot empty the Temp, IE temp and cookie folders.

Beginning to sound like a Clean Boot procedure, <eg>.

> Figure I need to mention this for others:
> Within the past 48hrs I have uninstalled Nero OEM Express6 along with the very
> few app,( that's right, no s at the end ) that came with it. After Add/Remove,
> cleaning installation drive and everything I could find on C: I ran a registry
> check on Ahead and Nero. It came up with more than 750 entries left in the
> registry, all legit Nero which I removed. I then installed the updated version
> of what was wanted to the wrong drive purposely monitoring it with Total
> Uninstall. After installing, rebooting and clearing out all temps, I restarted
> TU and ran the uninstall to remove the Ahead/Nero apps installed. After TU was
> finished I ran the registry scan again and it came up with approx 450 entries.
> We are talking about a major app that doesn't have a very good
> uninstall/cleanup.

Ewww! Yucky!

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

+"Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> Shovin n pushin my way in front of Gary.

Hey, watchit, buddy!

NICE! Keep it both ways and hope no notices!

Oh... Nevermind, I can see by that hammer in your hand that you mean business,
;<)
(Does anybody really use hammers anymore, or just a weel-stocked arsenal of
nailguns?)

Well, let's ponder that?
I have used a 28oz "mini-persuader" since my mid 20's, and BION, I still have
that hammer which has a FG handle. The Reason we all won't rid of them is
because if we do, then we offset the balance. Offset the balance = Tilted walk =
Put the man on a roof.

> Download the latest updated drivers as suggested by Gary and dl'd/copy/unzip
> the file/s in a folder of their own for now.
> Now head for Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall anything
> related
> to the printer or other past printers.

Good catch!

It was near the Doc. Only ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ that far away.

> Once finished, if you do not know where apps/files were installed for the
> printer, use Find > Folders/Files to locate any left behind remnants that can
> be
> deleted. Many poorly written install/uninstall apps do not remove Start Menu
> sc's and or folder/files from where the app was installed.
> Next after a quick reboot empty the Temp, IE temp and cookie folders.

Beginning to sound like a Clean Boot procedure, <eg>.

> Figure I need to mention this for others:
> Within the past 48hrs I have uninstalled Nero OEM Express6 along with the
> very
> few app,( that's right, no s at the end ) that came with it. After Add/Remove,
> cleaning installation drive and everything I could find on C: I ran a registry
> check on Ahead and Nero. It came up with more than 750 entries left in the
> registry, all legit Nero which I removed. I then installed the updated version
> of what was wanted to the wrong drive purposely monitoring it with Total
> Uninstall. After installing, rebooting and clearing out all temps, I restarted
> TU and ran the uninstall to remove the Ahead/Nero apps installed. After TU was
> finished I ran the registry scan again and it came up with approx 450 entries.
> We are talking about a major app that doesn't have a very good
> uninstall/cleanup.

Ewww! Yucky!

100% !! What prompted me to into this pshycotic venture, was the machine in Q
kept having assoc's yanked out from underneath by Nero. When I first noticed it
took .dat files as it's own prize, I removed the assoc to only see that within a
day or so it dug it's claws in and pulled it under.

--
Gary S. Terhune
MS MVP Shell/User

Seems like Nero's installer/uninstaller has long had this sort of problem. I recall
sending their support people a "few" pages of such problems that I documented after
doing a few installs and uninstalls of Nero 5.5 shortly after it came out. One that
stands out in my memory was that the uninstaller would, instead of just removing the
single "Nero Shell Extension Property Sheet" entry in the key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell
Extensions\Approved,
the uninstaller would remove the entire key! They fixed that one in a later
sub-version.

IIRC they finally got v.5.5.x to behave decently when uninstalling....looks like
they have to start all over with v.6.x!
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
news:o ZBUKOISFHA.1176@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> +"Gary S. Terhune" <grystnews@mvps.org> wrote in message
> "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> > Shovin n pushin my way in front of Gary.
>
> Hey, watchit, buddy!
>
> NICE! Keep it both ways and hope no notices!
>
> Oh... Nevermind, I can see by that hammer in your hand that you mean business,
> ;<)
> (Does anybody really use hammers anymore, or just a weel-stocked arsenal of
> nailguns?)
>
> Well, let's ponder that?
> I have used a 28oz "mini-persuader" since my mid 20's, and BION, I still have
> that hammer which has a FG handle. The Reason we all won't rid of them is
> because if we do, then we offset the balance. Offset the balance = Tilted walk =
> Put the man on a roof.
>
> > Download the latest updated drivers as suggested by Gary and dl'd/copy/unzip
> > the file/s in a folder of their own for now.
> > Now head for Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall anything
> > related
> > to the printer or other past printers.
>
> Good catch!
>
> It was near the Doc. Only ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ that far away.
>
> > Once finished, if you do not know where apps/files were installed for the
> > printer, use Find > Folders/Files to locate any left behind remnants that can
> > be
> > deleted. Many poorly written install/uninstall apps do not remove Start Menu
> > sc's and or folder/files from where the app was installed.
> > Next after a quick reboot empty the Temp, IE temp and cookie folders.
>
> Beginning to sound like a Clean Boot procedure, <eg>.
>
> > Figure I need to mention this for others:
> > Within the past 48hrs I have uninstalled Nero OEM Express6 along with the
> > very
> > few app,( that's right, no s at the end ) that came with it. After Add/Remove,
> > cleaning installation drive and everything I could find on C: I ran a registry
> > check on Ahead and Nero. It came up with more than 750 entries left in the
> > registry, all legit Nero which I removed. I then installed the updated version
> > of what was wanted to the wrong drive purposely monitoring it with Total
> > Uninstall. After installing, rebooting and clearing out all temps, I restarted
> > TU and ran the uninstall to remove the Ahead/Nero apps installed. After TU was
> > finished I ran the registry scan again and it came up with approx 450 entries.
> > We are talking about a major app that doesn't have a very good
> > uninstall/cleanup.
>
> Ewww! Yucky!
>
> 100% !! What prompted me to into this pshycotic venture, was the machine in Q
> kept having assoc's yanked out from underneath by Nero. When I first noticed it
> took .dat files as it's own prize, I removed the assoc to only see that within a
> day or so it dug it's claws in and pulled it under.
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User

April 26, 2005 4:16:33 AM

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> Shovin n pushin my way in front of Gary.
>
> Download the latest updated drivers as suggested by Gary and dl'd/copy/unzip
> the file/s in a folder of their own for now.
> Now head for Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall anything
> related to the printer or other past printers.
>
> Once finished, if you do not know where apps/files were installed for the
> printer, use Find > Folders/Files to locate any left behind remnants that can
> be deleted. Many poorly written install/uninstall apps do not remove Start
> Menu sc's and or folder/files from where the app was installed.
> Next after a quick reboot empty the Temp, IE temp and cookie folders.
>
> Figure I need to mention this for others:
> Within the past 48hrs I have uninstalled Nero OEM Express6 along with the very
> few app,( that's right, no s at the end ) that came with it. After Add/Remove,
> cleaning installation drive and everything I could find on C: I ran a registry
> check on Ahead and Nero. It came up with more than 750 entries left in the
> registry, all legit Nero which I removed. I then installed the updated version
> of what was wanted to the wrong drive purposely monitoring it with Total
> Uninstall. After installing, rebooting and clearing out all temps, I restarted
> TU and ran the uninstall to remove the Ahead/Nero apps installed. After TU was
> finished I ran the registry scan again and it came up with approx 450 entries.
> We are talking about a major app that doesn't have a very good
> uninstall/cleanup.
>

> --
>
> Brian A. Sesko
> { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I'm trying to install my Lexmark Z23 printer and when it gets to
>> installation, it says "Can't load LXSUPMON.DLL" then it says "Error copying
>> file- lexstart.ex_." what can I do?

April 26, 2005 2:16:37 PM

there are cleaning tools available on the nero site

"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
news:o 9fIZ8hSFHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

> --
>
> Brian A. Sesko
> { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
>> Shovin n pushin my way in front of Gary.
>>
>> Download the latest updated drivers as suggested by Gary and
>> dl'd/copy/unzip the file/s in a folder of their own for now.
>> Now head for Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and uninstall anything
>> related to the printer or other past printers.
>>
>> Once finished, if you do not know where apps/files were installed for the
>> printer, use Find > Folders/Files to locate any left behind remnants that
>> can be deleted. Many poorly written install/uninstall apps do not remove
>> Start Menu sc's and or folder/files from where the app was installed.
>> Next after a quick reboot empty the Temp, IE temp and cookie folders.
>>
>> Figure I need to mention this for others:
>> Within the past 48hrs I have uninstalled Nero OEM Express6 along with the
>> very few app,( that's right, no s at the end ) that came with it. After
>> Add/Remove, cleaning installation drive and everything I could find on C:
>> I ran a registry check on Ahead and Nero. It came up with more than 750
>> entries left in the registry, all legit Nero which I removed. I then
>> installed the updated version of what was wanted to the wrong drive
>> purposely monitoring it with Total Uninstall. After installing, rebooting
>> and clearing out all temps, I restarted TU and ran the uninstall to
>> remove the Ahead/Nero apps installed. After TU was finished I ran the
>> registry scan again and it came up with approx 450 entries. We are
>> talking about a major app that doesn't have a very good
>> uninstall/cleanup.
>>

>> --
>>
>> Brian A. Sesko
>> { MS MVP_Shell/User }
>> Conflicts start where information lacks.
>> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>>

>> "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> I'm trying to install my Lexmark Z23 printer and when it gets to
>>> installation, it says "Can't load LXSUPMON.DLL" then it says "Error
>>> copying
>>> file- lexstart.ex_." what can I do?

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 7:50:01 PM

Good ?, how did this get here? I'm sure it's something I did not noticing it.

--

> !
>
> --
> Gary S. Terhune
> MS MVP Shell/User
>
> "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> news:o 9fIZ8hSFHA.3516@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>>

>> --
>>
>> Brian A. Sesko
>> { MS MVP_Shell/User }
>> Conflicts start where information lacks.
>> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 7:51:31 PM

I know. Don't need em, but if I ever do, I know. Thanks.

--

"Haggis" <bingsnapREMOVE@THIShotmail.com> wrote in message
> there are cleaning tools available on the nero site
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 7:15:14 PM

What?

--