On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:48:35 GMT, "Christopher"
<christopher00@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Anyone seen any good Wi-Fi phones?

I've just obtained a ZyXEL Prestige 2000W, although I haven't had a
chance to use it yet.

Chris

"Chris Blunt" <chris_blunt@despammed.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:48:35 GMT, "Christopher"
> <christopher00@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>>Anyone seen any good Wi-Fi phones?
>>

> I've just obtained a ZyXEL Prestige 2000W, although I haven't had a
> chance to use it yet.
>
> Chris

Apparently it's fine on unencrypted networks, but the processing overhead of
even 64bit WEP kills it.

Gary

"Gary Pigott" <usenet@garypigott.net> writes:

>Apparently it's fine on unencrypted networks, but the processing overhead of
>even 64bit WEP kills it.

Speaking of which...anyone know of a mobile WiFi SIP phone that does end-to-
end encryption? Secure RTP would be ideal.

Thank you.

--kyler

Chris:
>I've just obtained a ZyXEL Prestige 2000W, although I haven't had a
>chance to use it yet.

Looks good, how much, where from ?

By the way you can have Skype running on a PDA / phone WinCE OS and Java.
Regards,
Martin

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 02:54:37 +0100, "Martin²" <never@give.one> wrote:

>Chris:
>>I've just obtained a ZyXEL Prestige 2000W, although I haven't had a
>>chance to use it yet.
>
>Looks good, how much, where from ?

I picked one up while passing through Hong Kong from the ZyXEL
distributor there for HK$1,995. That's around US$255.

Chris

"Martin²" <never@give.one> writes:

>By the way you can have Skype running on a PDA / phone WinCE OS and Java.

This reminded me to check on tkcPhone as a possible solution.
http://thekompany.com/embedded/tkcphone/
Today I received notification from The Kompany that they have no plans to
support end-to-end encryption (such as Secure RTP).

Bummer.

--kyler