  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 1:59:13 PM

Folks;

Is there a way to keep my designated Homepage invokable per the usual
commands, without loading it as part of the startup regimen?

I know I've seen references to this on the site, but nothing shows up for it
on my "Find" search.

Also; if anyone has experience with a 'wetware' fix for the command; "Oh;
you'll remember that.exe", I would like to learn about it. My current
install seems to be missing something.

rooster
boundary bay, bc

More about : homepage startup

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 8:03:15 PM

"rooster" <rodstill@dcc(fish)net.com> wrote in message news:eI%23Q8fbSFHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Folks;
>
> Is there a way to keep my designated Homepage invokable per the usual
> commands, without loading it as part of the startup regimen?
>
> I know I've seen references to this on the site, but nothing shows up for it
> on my "Find" search.

Hunh?

Pass IE an URL?
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE" http://www.google.com/
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 8:17:55 PM

??? By "designated Homepage" do you mean your home page in Internet Explorer? What
does this have to do with loading it at startup? Loading what at startup?
"invokable" through *what* usual commands? I cannot figure out what you are
referring to.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"rooster" <rodstill@dcc(fish)net.com> wrote in message
> Folks;
>
> Is there a way to keep my designated Homepage invokable per the usual
> commands, without loading it as part of the startup regimen?
>
> I know I've seen references to this on the site, but nothing shows up for it
> on my "Find" search.
>
> Also; if anyone has experience with a 'wetware' fix for the command; "Oh;
> you'll remember that.exe", I would like to learn about it. My current
> install seems to be missing something.
>
> rooster
> boundary bay, bc

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:52:21 PM

rooster wrote:
> Folks;
>
> Is there a way to keep my designated Homepage invokable per the usual
> commands, without loading it as part of the startup regimen?

What is it you want to do? Open IE and have a page *other* than your
"home page" open? Just click an URL, type one into the address bar,
click a favorite, etc. You don't have to go to your home page you know;
personally, I've never had one, never saw any value in it.

--
dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
April 25, 2005 9:52:22 PM

Bill;

...... trying to do this and cook dinner at the same time..... I should have
added:

"If the latter change the command of the startup item to-
"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome"

Perfect; that is what I was searching for.

Thanks;

rooster
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:34:55 PM

Hi Bill;

"the network connection isn't
completely set up yet. Broadband or dial-up?"

HS Cable, single dedicated line.

Our messages appearing out of phase are.

Your Rx solved the problem nicely.

Gotta run. Wiffey will be upset if I burn the salad; again.

rooster
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 1:58:51 AM

"rooster" <rodstill@dcc(fish)net.com> wrote in message news:%236DnJAgSFHA.3372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hi Bill;
>
> "the network connection isn't
> completely set up yet. Broadband or dial-up?"
>
> HS Cable, single dedicated line.
>
> Our messages appearing out of phase are.
>
> Your Rx solved the problem nicely.
>
> Gotta run. Wiffey will be upset if I burn the salad; again.

Ok, yw. You better go :-)