on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert windows
98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you do
this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work

any help would be appriecated, thanks
7 answers Last reply
More about create startup disc

    "dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:996D9080-D1C9-4E6D-AE39-BD03DBCF4E6C@microsoft.com...
    > when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
    > command.com
    > on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
    > windows
    > 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
    > do
    > this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
    >
    > any help would be appriecated, thanks

    as it suggests ..put your win98 installation CD in the cdrom , and point it
    there

    or download a bootdisk at www.bootdisk.com

    "dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    > when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
    command.com
    > on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
    windows
    > 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
    do
    > this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work

    1. Locate the file. It is usually on the hard drive in both
    c:\windows
    and
    c:\windows\command.ebd
    and on the instal CD in
    D\Win98

    2. Wherever the file is, you can point to its location
    using the / Browse function (button.)

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    You can make a floppy boot disk with the Fat32ebd.exe file located on the
    W98 CD: tools/mtsutil/fat32ebd

    --
    Regards

    Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
    Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    Knowledge Base Info:

    "dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
    > command.com
    > on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
    > windows
    > 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
    > do
    > this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
    >
    > any help would be appriecated, thanks

    GREAT, exactly what I was looking for, thanks a bundle

    "Don Phillipson" wrote:

    > "dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
    > command.com
    > > on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
    > windows
    > > 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
    > do
    > > this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
    >
    > 1. Locate the file. It is usually on the hard drive in both
    > c:\windows
    > and
    > c:\windows\command.ebd
    > and on the instal CD in
    > D\Win98
    >
    > 2. Wherever the file is, you can point to its location
    > using the / Browse function (button.)
    >
    > --
    > Don Phillipson
    > Carlsbad Springs
    > (Ottawa, Canada)

    Thank you I didnt know how to get information off the D drive, but did get a
    copy from web sigt you gave me thanks.

    "Haggis" wrote:

    > "dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
    > > command.com
    > > on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
    > > windows
    > > 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
    > > do
    > > this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
    > >
    > > any help would be appriecated, thanks
    >
    > as it suggests ..put your win98 installation CD in the cdrom , and point it
    > there
    >
    > or download a bootdisk at www.bootdisk.com

    Thanks great sight you all have here, thanks for the input

    "Ron Badour" wrote:

    > You can make a floppy boot disk with the Fat32ebd.exe file located on the
    > W98 CD: tools/mtsutil/fat32ebd
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
    > Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    > Knowledge Base Info:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
    >
    > "dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
    > > command.com
    > > on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
    > > windows
    > > 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
    > > do
    > > this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
    > >
    > > any help would be appriecated, thanks

    YW :>

    > Thank you I didnt know how to get information off the D drive, but did get
    > copy from web sigt you gave me thanks.
    >
    > "Haggis" wrote:
    >

    >> "dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
    >> > command.com
    >> > on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
    >> > windows
    >> > 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do
    >> > you
    >> > do
    >> > this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
    >> >
    >> > any help would be appriecated, thanks
    >>
    >> as it suggests ..put your win98 installation CD in the cdrom , and point
    >> it
    >> there
    >>
    >> or download a bootdisk at www.bootdisk.com

Command Prompt Microsoft Windows