I cannot create startup disc

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 25, 2005 3:56:05 PM

when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file command.com
on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert windows
98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you do
this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work

any help would be appriecated, thanks

More about : create startup disc

April 25, 2005 8:06:57 PM

"dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
> command.com
> on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
> windows
> 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
> do
> this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
>
> any help would be appriecated, thanks

as it suggests ..put your win98 installation CD in the cdrom , and point it
there

or download a bootdisk at www.bootdisk.com
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 9:05:50 PM

"dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
command.com
> on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
windows
> 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
do
> this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work

1. Locate the file. It is usually on the hard drive in both
c:\windows
and
c:\windows\command.ebd
and on the instal CD in
D\Win98

2. Wherever the file is, you can point to its location
using the / Browse function (button.)

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

You can make a floppy boot disk with the Fat32ebd.exe file located on the
W98 CD: tools/mtsutil/fat32ebd

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
> command.com
> on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
> windows
> 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
> do
> this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
>
> any help would be appriecated, thanks
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 11:50:02 PM

GREAT, exactly what I was looking for, thanks a bundle

"Don Phillipson" wrote:

> "dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
> command.com
> > on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
> windows
> > 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
> do
> > this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
>
> 1. Locate the file. It is usually on the hard drive in both
> c:\windows
> and
> c:\windows\command.ebd
> and on the instal CD in
> D\Win98
>
> 2. Wherever the file is, you can point to its location
> using the / Browse function (button.)
>
> --
> Don Phillipson
> Carlsbad Springs
> (Ottawa, Canada)

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 11:50:04 PM

Thank you I didnt know how to get information off the D drive, but did get a
copy from web sigt you gave me thanks.

"Haggis" wrote:

> "dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
> > command.com
> > on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
> > windows
> > 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
> > do
> > this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
> >
> > any help would be appriecated, thanks
>
> as it suggests ..put your win98 installation CD in the cdrom , and point it
> there
>
> or download a bootdisk at www.bootdisk.com

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 11:51:12 PM

Thanks great sight you all have here, thanks for the input

"Ron Badour" wrote:

> You can make a floppy boot disk with the Fat32ebd.exe file located on the
> W98 CD: tools/mtsutil/fat32ebd
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
> Knowledge Base Info:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
>
> "dynamicdueo" <dynamicdueo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when I try to creat start up disc i get the message, " the file
> > command.com
> > on window 98 second eddition cdrom could not be found" and "Insert
> > windows
> > 98 second eddition cdrom in the selected drive and continue" How do you
> > do
> > this, disc drive is on D:/ What should I enter to get this to work
> >
> > any help would be appriecated, thanks

April 26, 2005 2:18:20 PM

YW :>

!