Sign in with
Your question

need help finding silver dye cdr s

Last response: in Storage
April 26, 2006 9:48:40 AM

Hi, iam in a band and we are planning to record some of our own stuff and sell it off on a CD. Basically iam looking for a place where i can buy CDrs with a silver underside instead of green ones like normal cdrs. I have found them on the net before but they were really expensive.

Iam from the UK but if you could provide a link to any site that would help because at least i would know the make/name to search for.

thanks

More about : finding silver dye cdr

May 8, 2006 2:33:17 AM

Is there any reason why you would want Silver Dye cd's aside from cosmetic reasons?

TechMaster
a b G Storage
May 9, 2006 7:46:39 AM

Quote:
Is there any reason why you would want Silver Dye cd's aside from cosmetic reasons?

TechMaster

Probably because they "look more professional" like the silver side of the typical retail music CD.
Related resources
a b G Storage
July 21, 2006 6:56:29 PM

Because the material used to make silver, and gold cds are of higher quality and thus, last longer. There are "paints" that companies put into their cd's that give them this look but do not do anything special.

Deep blue, silver, and gold cd's are usualy the best color if its the recording compound reflecting this color.

Here are the specifics... and makes for a good read.
http://www.silverace.com/dottyspotty/issue12.html
a b G Storage
July 21, 2006 8:06:25 PM

Thats the color of the top, and not the identifier of quality. And the last 3 packs of Verbatim I have used have been crap.
July 21, 2006 8:37:38 PM

Sorry, I don't know about Verbatin medias since I use Memorex. But the vinyl cd-r looks retro. :) 
August 14, 2006 1:50:14 PM

I use Verbatim discs all the time and have never had problems

i also use imation and tdk
!