Can't Make Start Up Disk

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
April 26, 2005 3:58:13 PM

Hi all,

I use Win 98 SE on a Pentium lll, 650Mhz, 360MB RAM, OE6, IE6.

I tried this A.M to create a new setup disk. I went into Add\Remove Programs
in Control Panel, clicked the Start up tab and after the prompt, iserted the
original Win 98 SE setup CD. The floppy disk was formatted, fresh. Each time
I click OK to proceed, I get the following message:

"The file 'command.com' on Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM cannot be found."

I tried using both the CD Reader and the CD ReWriter to activate the Win 98
CD but to no avail, I get the same message each time. The setup CD seems not
to be corrupt or defective, I've used it just recently and many times before
and is original with valid Product Key.

Any ideas, as always when I'm blessed with your help, would be greatly
appreciated.

Peace,
Terry
--
Peaceis not to be pursued; it is a by-product of love.

More about : make start disk

Anonymous
April 26, 2005 5:22:03 PM

My most sincere apologies for not first having searched the threads. I'm sure
you know that if I had, I would have found my answer just a few threads below
this one.

Sorry. That won't happen again.

Peace,
Terry

"Peaceworks" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I use Win 98 SE on a Pentium lll, 650Mhz, 360MB RAM, OE6, IE6.
>
> I tried this A.M to create a new setup disk. I went into Add\Remove Programs
> in Control Panel, clicked the Start up tab and after the prompt, iserted the
> original Win 98 SE setup CD. The floppy disk was formatted, fresh. Each time
> I click OK to proceed, I get the following message:
>
> "The file 'command.com' on Windows 98 Second Edition CD-ROM cannot be found."
>
> I tried using both the CD Reader and the CD ReWriter to activate the Win 98
> CD but to no avail, I get the same message each time. The setup CD seems not
> to be corrupt or defective, I've used it just recently and many times before
> and is original with valid Product Key.
>
> Any ideas, as always when I'm blessed with your help, would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Peace,
> Terry
> --
> Peaceis not to be pursued; it is a by-product of love.
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 1:16:33 AM

At this moment, just 6 or 7 posts below this one is your answer !

regards, Richard