VB 6.0 Program Installation Problem

Sir, I have developed a program using VB 6.0/Access 2000
and Crystal 8.5 on Windows XP. This program is running
perfectly on the computer having its OS Windows XP. but
when i try to install it on Windows 2000. its not
allowing me to install instead display a message that
some files on this system are out of date. i restarted
computer many times but no use.
kindly advice me what files are required to run my VB
based program on Windows 2000.

Regards,

Sohrab
sohrab_as@rediffmail.com
sohrab.ahmad@alfozan.com
2 answers Last reply
More about program installation problem

    "Sohrab" <sohrab_as@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:<12cb01c4999f$7a511340$a501280a@phx.gbl>...
    > Sir, I have developed a program using VB 6.0/Access 2000
    > and Crystal 8.5 on Windows XP. This program is running
    > perfectly on the computer having its OS Windows XP. but
    > when i try to install it on Windows 2000. its not
    > allowing me to install instead display a message that
    > some files on this system are out of date. i restarted
    > computer many times but no use.
    > kindly advice me what files are required to run my VB
    > based program on Windows 2000.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Sohrab
    > sohrab_as@rediffmail.com
    > sohrab.ahmad@alfozan.com

    Sohrab,
    I had a similar problem a few months ago with the same configuration.
    Unfortunately, I'm drawing a blank on how I fixed it. I remember
    there was a "catch-22" situation acknowledged by Microsoft whereby
    certain DLLs that were part of a service pack would not actually get
    installed during the mandatory "reboot" after the SP was installed.
    I'm sure I started the hunt for the solution by keying the exact error
    message into Google. That must have taken me to the Microsoft writeup
    on solving this.
    Post the error you're getting here, maybe it will job my memory.
    Good Luck
    John Santora

    To use Visual Basic programs that utilize dynamic link libraries or ActiveX
    controls, a computer must have those controls/libraries loaded and
    registered. If you create a program with control/library version x+1 a
    computer that is only equipped with version x of that control/library may
    not be able to properly run the program.

    Some common controls are distributed with Windows. The controls included
    with Windows include common interface objects like text boxes, labels, open
    dialogs, save dialogs, list boxes and check boxes. Windows also usually
    includes the version of Visual Basic runtime available when Microsoft sent
    the master CD to the OEM or CD stamping plant. Other controls and libraries
    including some allowing Visual Basic programs to utilize Microsoft Office
    applications must be installed with the proper version of Office or
    distributed with the developer's Visual Basic application. Note that some
    Visual Basic/Visual Studio licenses DO NOT include authorization to
    redistribute controls provided by Microsoft to other users, particularly
    Academic versions and the introductory versions bound in the back of
    tutorial books and text books.

    "Sohrab" <sohrab_as@rediffmail.com> wrote in message
    > Sir, I have developed a program using VB 6.0/Access 2000
    > and Crystal 8.5 on Windows XP. This program is running
    > perfectly on the computer having its OS Windows XP. but
    > when i try to install it on Windows 2000. its not
    > allowing me to install instead display a message that
    > some files on this system are out of date. i restarted
    > computer many times but no use.
    > kindly advice me what files are required to run my VB
    > based program on Windows 2000.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Sohrab
    > sohrab_as@rediffmail.com