Error Messange in Windows 98

Dear Anyone,

I managing a few computers in my company, many of them are using Windows 98.
The problem I encountered is that, recently, the computer over at the
accounts department.

The problem I encountered is that suddenly the computer shows an error
message “NDIS Error, Press any Key to Restart your Pc�. I know that might be
a network driver problem. I decided to remove my network driver in safe mode
and I was able to use it back again, but when installed the driver again, the
same problem occurred. Next I decided to change the network card on the pc
and put another one, but the same problem occurred.

I can’t even update the windows because, my whole office is network and we
need a network card to get online. Next I decided to get online on my
computer and find a solution regarding this problem. I managed to find a
solution with the download necessary at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q243199 . The next
problem I faced is that I was unable to find a windows 98 edition and not a
second edition one. I really hope someone can find me that particular file so
that I would make my work easier a “windows 98� and not a second edition.
Please help me.

P/S. I know you guys only support windows XP but please help me with this
problem; I need the correct version to solve the problem.
2 answers Last reply
More about error messange windows

    The article you have found refers specifically to Windows 98SE, and the
    error it describes is different than what you have described. It doesn't
    seem that there is a file for fixing this problem on W98, apparently because
    the problem can't occur with anything other than W98SE.

    Exactly when does this problem occur, and exactly what is the error message
    (exactly). Can you start the machine in safe mode? What happened at about
    the time this message first started appearing? Have you made any recent
    changes to this machine (hardware or software) that might have triggered the
    problem? Have you run hardware diagnostics on this machine to confirm that
    there are no hardware errors?
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    "Ganesha" <Ganesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear Anyone,
    >
    > I managing a few computers in my company, many of them are using Windows
    > 98.
    > The problem I encountered is that, recently, the computer over at the
    > accounts department.
    >
    > The problem I encountered is that suddenly the computer shows an error
    > message "NDIS Error, Press any Key to Restart your Pc". I know that might
    > be
    > a network driver problem. I decided to remove my network driver in safe
    > mode
    > and I was able to use it back again, but when installed the driver again,
    > the
    > same problem occurred. Next I decided to change the network card on the pc
    > and put another one, but the same problem occurred.
    >

    > I can't even update the windows because, my whole office is network and we
    > need a network card to get online. Next I decided to get online on my
    > computer and find a solution regarding this problem. I managed to find a
    > solution with the download necessary at
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q243199 . The next
    > problem I faced is that I was unable to find a windows 98 edition and not
    > second edition one. I really hope someone can find me that particular file
    > so
    > that I would make my work easier a "windows 98" and not a second edition.
    > Please help me.
    >

    > P/S. I know you guys only support windows XP but please help me with this
    > problem; I need the correct version to solve the problem.

    "Ganesha" <Ganesha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear Anyone,
    >
    > I managing a few computers in my company, many of them are using Windows 98.
    > The problem I encountered is that, recently, the computer over at the
    > accounts department.
    >
    > The problem I encountered is that suddenly the computer shows an error
    > message “NDIS Error, Press any Key to Restart your Pc�. I know that might be
    > a network driver problem. I decided to remove my network driver in safe mode
    > and I was able to use it back again, but when installed the driver again, the
    > same problem occurred. Next I decided to change the network card on the pc
    > and put another one, but the same problem occurred.

    In Safe Mode remove any/all network devices listed, reboot and reinstall with
    the latest updated drivers per the manufacturers specs.

    If the problem persists, check device manager to see if the device is listed and
    if any conflicts are present.

    If still persistent, in Control Panel > Network remove everything, reboot and
    reinstall from scratch.

    If still no Joy, postin a more appropriate network ng:
    microsoft.public.win98.networking

    > P/S. I know you guys only support windows XP but please help me with this
    > problem; I need the correct version to solve the problem.

    Not true, these are newsgroups where those that help do it on their own time
    and are not employees of MS. This is a 98 ng, not XP. XP questions are answered
    in XP ng's.

Windows 98 Computers Windows