W98 shutdown turns off the

monitor but not the CPU. I realize this is an old problem but I don't
remember how to get the answer from knowledge base. Help!

"kchall" <r1hall@msn.com> wrote in message

> Re: W98 shutdown turns off the
> monitor but not the CPU. I realize this is an old problem but I don't
> remember how to get the answer from knowledge base. Help!

This may be governed by hardware. My newish
Pentium IV switches itself off: the older Pentium II
does not.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

My Pentium III is about 6 years old and has just recently occasionally
balked at shutdown.