W98 shutdown turns off the

monitor but not the CPU. I realize this is an old problem but I don't
remember how to get the answer from knowledge base. Help!
3 answers Last reply
More about shutdown turns

    "kchall" <r1hall@msn.com> wrote in message

    > Re: W98 shutdown turns off the
    > monitor but not the CPU. I realize this is an old problem but I don't
    > remember how to get the answer from knowledge base. Help!

    This may be governed by hardware. My newish
    Pentium IV switches itself off: the older Pentium II
    does not.

    --
    Don Phillipson
    Carlsbad Springs

    My Pentium III is about 6 years old and has just recently occasionally
    balked at shutdown.

    "Don Phillipson" <d.phillipson@ttrryytteell.com> wrote in message
    > "kchall" <r1hall@msn.com> wrote in message
    >
    > > Re: W98 shutdown turns off the
    > > monitor but not the CPU. I realize this is an old problem but I don't
    > > remember how to get the answer from knowledge base. Help!
    >
    > This may be governed by hardware. My newish
    > Pentium IV switches itself off: the older Pentium II
    > does not.
    >
    > --
    > Don Phillipson
    > Carlsbad Springs