Automatic Back Up files

Where are the stored ? In Win or Systems or where? Microsoft came on line
when I was playing a game and said there was something wrong with my files
and they would fix it! When I came back to the computer after an hour the
game had totally been removed! I know 98 had three copies of back up.
1 answer Last reply
More about automatic back files

    MS doesn't come online while you're playing a game (or
    doing anything else) and offer to fix anything. You
    probably got a messenger service popup from an
    unscrupulous or malicious source and foolishly took the
    bait. I have no idea what you're referring to as
    "automatic backup files." What you need to do before
    going online again is make sure that (as a minimum) the
    XP firewall is turned on. Then do a virus scan and
    download (if necessary) and run AdAware and Spybot Search
    & Destroy (use Google).

Games Microsoft Windows XP