Automatic Back Up files

September 13, 2004 12:05:01 PM

Where are the stored ? In Win or Systems or where? Microsoft came on line
when I was playing a game and said there was something wrong with my files
and they would fix it! When I came back to the computer after an hour the
game had totally been removed! I know 98 had three copies of back up.

More about : automatic back files

Anonymous
September 13, 2004 12:48:13 PM

MS doesn't come online while you're playing a game (or
doing anything else) and offer to fix anything. You
probably got a messenger service popup from an
unscrupulous or malicious source and foolishly took the
bait. I have no idea what you're referring to as
"automatic backup files." What you need to do before
going online again is make sure that (as a minimum) the
XP firewall is turned on. Then do a virus scan and
download (if necessary) and run AdAware and Spybot Search
& Destroy (use Google).