Folders panel blank on Explorer

Junior

In some systems I have noticed that the Windows Explorer folders panel was
gray (empty); repairing or reinstalling IE6 SP1 does not solve this.

Months ago I found a solution to this, that's a registry change for a DLL,
or something like this. Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Click Start> Run, type the following and click OK:

regsvr32 /i shdocvw

(That's r e g s v r 3 2 <space> / i <space> s h d o c v w )
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 23:37:59 -0300, "junior" <abuse@antispam.org.br>
wrote:

>In some systems I have noticed that the Windows Explorer folders panel was
>gray (empty); repairing or reinstalling IE6 SP1 does not solve this.
>
>Months ago I found a solution to this, that's a registry change for a DLL,
>or something like this. Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks.

Junior,

This should be it, AAH posted it recently.

________________begin quote__________________
This should put it right.
I do not remember the author of this piece
but it does works in most cases.
Windows Explorer folder pane is blank - grayed out

When you open Windows Explorer, you may notice that the folder pane
in the left side is completely grayed out. This happens if the
registry key for Explorer Band is missing. To resolve the problem,
type the following command in the RUN box:

REGSVR32 /i SHDOCVW
(Note that the /i parameter is mandatory)

More Information: The following registry key is responsible to view
the explorer pane (left pane). The problem indicated above occurs,
if this key is missing:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{EFA24E64-B078-11d0-89E4-00C04FC9E26E}]
________________________end quote_________________________

Regards,

Bill Watt
Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

Try this and report back.

"All Folders" Pane Missing or Windows Explorer Is Blank 192315
http://support.microsoft.com/?­kbid=192315

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion, "junior"
<abuse@antispam.org.br> wrote:

>In some systems I have noticed that the Windows Explorer folders panel was
>gray (empty); repairing or reinstalling IE6 SP1 does not solve this.
>
>Months ago I found a solution to this, that's a registry change for a DLL,
>or something like this. Can anyone help?
>
>Thanks.

Junior

I can't test this on the next days, but it seems to be the solution that I
used before and worked.

I would like to thank all of you for the help!