98- games

Only if the game is written for W98--newer games may not be.

--
Regards

Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
Knowledge Base Info:

"catchyogi" <catchyogi.1o6p1x@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> do users still use windows -98 for playing games ??
>

> --
> catchyogi
> catchyogi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=3298
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=88505
> Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/

I still play many games (including many newer ones) on my old box still
running 98SE. Basically it's "hindered" more by it's dated graphics card
(Radeon 7200) that doesn't have the Shading engine (only T&L). It's a 733Mz
with 512 ram.

In fact, can't think of any major game that's come out yet that DEMANDS XP
although I can't possibly have seen every one.

I know the complete NFS series work, MOA series, COD, Delta Force, UT,
Unreal II all run. Few I have I haven't tried simply because hardware isn't
up for it, e.g. Doom 3.

"pjp" <pjpoirier_is_located_at_@_hotmail_._com> wrote in message
> I still play many games (including many newer ones) on my old box still
> running 98SE. Basically it's "hindered" more by it's dated graphics card
> (Radeon 7200) that doesn't have the Shading engine (only T&L). It's a 733Mz
> with 512 ram.
>
> In fact, can't think of any major game that's come out yet that DEMANDS XP
> although I can't possibly have seen every one.
>
> I know the complete NFS series work, MOA series, COD, Delta Force, UT,
> Unreal II all run. Few I have I haven't tried simply because hardware isn't
> up for it, e.g. Doom 3.

Actually Doom3 is not designed for Win98 if you read the specs.
However, I have heard that there is a 'crack' you can use to play it on Win98SE.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

98SE is still good for games. I play new games with 98SE or XPPRO if the
game does not support 98SE. Unfortunately, video and sound drivers are now
usually dated and unless the hardware manufacturers continue to upgrade their
drivers for 98SE which is doubtful then on newer games users may have a
better game experience with XP. Also, do not forget about the potential of
newer games on consoles.