unassociate .jpg files

Windows 98 SE.

Trying to associate .jpg files with Internet Explorer

When I try in the usual manner through Folder Options, I get the following
message:

..jpg files are associated with PhotoDeluxBusiness.jpgandjpefile

I cannot find this program on the computer and it will not allow me to
reassociate these file types.

I would like to unassociate this file type and then assoicate it correctly,
any help would be appreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about unassociate files

    Internet explorer is a lousy graphic viewer
    install a decent viewer and the file associations will be corrected
    http://www.irfanview.com

    --
    Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
    spybot http://security.kolla.de

    Grateful thanks to the authors and webmasters
    _
    "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Windows 98 SE.
    >
    > Trying to associate .jpg files with Internet Explorer
    >
    > When I try in the usual manner through Folder Options, I get the following
    > message:
    >
    > .jpg files are associated with PhotoDeluxBusiness.jpgandjpefile
    >
    > I cannot find this program on the computer and it will not allow me to
    > reassociate these file types.
    >
    > I would like to unassociate this file type and then assoicate it
    correctly,
    > any help would be appreciated.

    HI
    I had the same problem some time ago.
    I solve it installing Photo Deluxe Business first.
    Disinstalling it and reassociate the jpg files

    "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Windows 98 SE.
    >
    > Trying to associate .jpg files with Internet Explorer
    >
    > When I try in the usual manner through Folder Options, I get the following
    > message:
    >
    > .jpg files are associated with PhotoDeluxBusiness.jpgandjpefile
    >
    > I cannot find this program on the computer and it will not allow me to
    > reassociate these file types.
    >
    > I would like to unassociate this file type and then assoicate it
    correctly,
    > any help would be appreciated.

    Easiest way is to hold down the shift key, then right-click on a jpg file.
    You will now have an "Open With..." option. Select that, then, in the
    window that pops up, select Internet Explorer, check the box that says
    "Always use this file" , then OK. That should reset the association.

    "Carolyn" <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Windows 98 SE.
    >
    > Trying to associate .jpg files with Internet Explorer
    >
    > When I try in the usual manner through Folder Options, I get the following
    > message:
    >
    > .jpg files are associated with PhotoDeluxBusiness.jpgandjpefile
    >
    > I cannot find this program on the computer and it will not allow me to
    > reassociate these file types.
    >
    > I would like to unassociate this file type and then assoicate it
    > correctly,
    > any help would be appreciated.

Windows 98 Microsoft Windows