Program files/Common Files

I have noticed that in the common file folder I have many directories with
files associated with programs that have been un-installed ages ago. Is it
safe to remove these folders/files? Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about program files common files

    Some maybe Yes, others No because they may be shared. Rename the folder/s for
    each app not presently installed and see if anything balks. If nothing balks
    after about a week or 2, send each renamed folder to the Recycle Bin one at a
    time every few days. Do Not Empty the bin until you are 100% the folders/files
    are not needed.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    "victord66" <victord66@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have noticed that in the common file folder I have many directories with
    > files associated with programs that have been un-installed ages ago. Is it
    > safe to remove these folders/files? Thanks.

Microsoft Windows