Outlook Express 6 Attachment

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
April 29, 2005 3:34:06 PM

When I click on the attachment it turns dark and I can't
open the attachment.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 7:09:10 PM

Not sure if this will solve it, however in Outlook
Express/Tools/Options, select the Security tab and remove the
checkmark in "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that
could be a virus"

Hope this helps

"REDEYE" <REDEYE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 1FB3E2F-F0D0-43D9-ADAA-1F16BA4C9268@microsoft.com...
> When I click on the attachment it turns dark and I can't
> open the attachment.

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 8:08:46 PM

I suggest not opening attachments as they are used to transport viruses. If you
must open them, and this is not 100% positive you won't get infected:

Be sure it is a trusted source you receive it/them from.
Never open the message to even read if you do not know the source, delete it
immediately, no questions asked.
Make sure your antivirus definitions are always fully up to date.
Save them to a folder where they can be scanned for viruses before opening.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"REDEYE" <REDEYE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 1FB3E2F-F0D0-43D9-ADAA-1F16BA4C9268@microsoft.com...
> When I click on the attachment it turns dark and I can't
> open the attachment.

April 30, 2005 1:00:53 AM

It seems that you must change following:
In Tools/Options, select the Security tab and remove the
checkmark in "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that
could be a virus"
But of course read the message, this way your PC could be infected

!