Best Monitor?

Last response: in Video Games
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2005 8:39:57 PM

Hi, can anyone reccomend a 19" monitor, particularly suitable for FS2004?
Any cost, and I have an nvidia 5900 card with a digital connection. I was
considering the Viewsonic VP191B.
Thanks,
nick

More about : monitor

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 24, 2005 8:39:58 PM

[This followup was posted to alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

In article <42e3b64b$0$2769$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader02.plus.net>,
aaaaaaaaa@aaaaaaa.com says...
> Hi, can anyone reccomend a 19" monitor, particularly suitable for FS2004?
> Any cost, and I have an nvidia 5900 card with a digital connection. I was
> considering the Viewsonic VP191B.
> Thanks,
> nick

Maximum PC has consistently rated the NEC MultiSync FE211SB as the "Kick
Ass" (rated a 9) since rating in July 2004 (www.necmitsubishi.com). I
bought one at Frys and have been very very satisfied with it. It is a
21" CRT and cost is $600.00. They rate the Sony GDM-C520 at a 9 but give
the edge to the NEC. The Sony is $1,800.00
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 25, 2005 2:42:18 AM

"NickNike" <aaaaaaaaa@aaaaaaa.com> wrote in message
> Hi, can anyone reccomend a 19" monitor, particularly suitable for FS2004?
> Any cost, and I have an nvidia 5900 card with a digital connection. I was
> considering the Viewsonic VP191B.
> Thanks,
> nick
Dell 1905FP
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 25, 2005 4:41:58 AM

I just got an AG Neovo F-419 (R12) Black 19" 12ms LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2
500:1 0.294mm Pixel Pitch from New Egg a few weeks ago (there was a $70 mail
in rebate and it was originally around $300 so that knocked the price down
to $230.) I haven't noticed any ghosting and it arrived with no dead
pixels. In fact in arrived in less than two days using the standard fedex
express saver shipping. (shipped from california to west virginia!) I
haven't used it for flight sim yet (my flight sim pc is hooked up to a 23in
wide screen 1920x1200 hp lcd) but I'm intending to load flight sim on my
other desktop and try to get a multiplayer setup going - eventually. Maybe
I can get my daughter flying soon. She's 5 yrs old and doing 1st and 2nd
grade math and reading and she knows all about how to use a computer so I
figure she is probably up to the challenge. I mean simming isn't that much
harder now is it?
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 25, 2005 2:27:07 PM

I am running "Wideview" for multiple screens for flight sim
Sony 21" CRT , Samsung LCD 213T 21 LCD
even though many people say the numbers on the CRT
are better the use of a DVI connection seems to help the vidio output
significantly so I hav eswtiched to LCD screens under DVI and the image
has improoved under the same video cards.
So any of the better 19" or 21" LCDs with DVI should be OK

a b C Monitor
July 25, 2005 5:19:42 PM

ViewSonic 912b monitor, you will not be sorry. A little on the pricey side,
but worth every penny ...

"NickNike" <aaaaaaaaa@aaaaaaa.com> wrote in message
> Hi, can anyone reccomend a 19" monitor, particularly suitable for FS2004?
> Any cost, and I have an nvidia 5900 card with a digital connection. I was
> considering the Viewsonic VP191B.
> Thanks,
> nick

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 25, 2005 6:23:14 PM

Analog monitors are still considered faster than LCD's, but I just made a
change to an LCD with no particular issues and I believe a few gains.
If you go the LCD route, make sure the monitor has at least an 8ms response
time and DVI capability. These two items I believe are critical for an LCD
monitor used for a flight simulator.
My own in a Samsung 930b.
Dudley Henriques

"NickNike" <aaaaaaaaa@aaaaaaa.com> wrote in message
> Hi, can anyone reccomend a 19" monitor, particularly suitable for FS2004?
> Any cost, and I have an nvidia 5900 card with a digital connection. I was
> considering the Viewsonic VP191B.
> Thanks,
> nick

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 25, 2005 8:31:21 PM

I am using a CRT and like it a lot. ViewSonic E90f+. It has good refresh
rates at good resolutions

Mr. Steve

"NickNike" <aaaaaaaaa@aaaaaaa.com> wrote in message
> Hi, can anyone reccomend a 19" monitor, particularly suitable for FS2004?
> Any cost, and I have an nvidia 5900 card with a digital connection. I was
> considering the Viewsonic VP191B.
> Thanks,
> nick

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
July 26, 2005 2:14:55 AM

Many thanks for all the input. Yeah, ordered the Viewsonic VP191B and
arrives tomorrow. Can't wait. The reviews on the good old net all sing it's
praises. Something to watch out for is that Viewsonic keep the same model
number even if the product has been updated, and I found a site where it was
£50 cheaper, and it looked like you were ordering the latest model, when in
fact they were selling the previous model. So check the specs,
nick

!