Temp and History Folder

I used to be able to go to windows explorer and delete files in my temp and
History folder after surfing the net. Now that I got a new computer with
windows XP I can't find these folders. Could some one help me?
5 answers Last reply
More about temp history folder

    I think you are looking for the little clock up by the
    Media and envelope in your browser. That is the
    history.

    To delete your Temporary Internet Files open Internet Options in Control
    Panel and on the page named General, section named Temporary Internet Files,
    click the "Delete Files..." button. When presented with the Delete Files
    dialog box and the option to "Delete all offline content" use the following
    information to determine whether or not to select the checkbox.

    Offline Content includes Web Pages that you have selected to Make Available
    Offline. For more information about using Web pages offline, see the
    Internet Explorer Help topic titled: Making pages available for offline
    viewing.

    Additionally, if you read the newsgroups using Outlook Express, when you
    display a message in the Preview Pane it creates numerous temporary files in
    your TIF that are considered Offline Content. These OLEXP temporary files
    will only be deleted if you select the option to "Delete all offline
    content".

    To delete your History open Internet Options in Control Panel and click the
    "Clear History" button.

    For more information about "Using Internet Options" search the Windows XP
    Professional Help and Support Center for the words in double-quotes and read
    the Full-text Search Match by that title.

    NOTE: Most likely the reason you cannot find these folders is because the
    folder that contains these folders has the Hidden attribute; and the folders
    have the System attributes; and Windows Explorer is not configured to
    display them. To configure Windows Explorer to "Display hidden files and
    folders" and to "Display the contents of system folders" search the Windows
    XP Professional Help and Support Center for the words in double-quotes and
    read the topics by those titles.

    Hi, Robert.

    In addition to Carrie's suggestions for clearing your TIF cache, you might
    want to set IE to empty the cache every time you close the browser,
    especially if you have broadband, because then IE can download the updated
    page almost as quickly as it can retrieve the old one from the cache. In
    IE, click Tools | Internet Options.... In addition to the buttons on the
    first tab (Genera) for managing the TIF, click the Advance tab, scroll all
    the way down to the Security heading and click the box for Empty Temporary
    Internet Files folder when browser is closed.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX

    "Carrie Garth" wrote:

    > | "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > | Message news:8EE918AD-0CDE-4B49-B45B-53C93270CB44@microsoft.com...
    > | I used to be able to go to windows explorer and delete files in my temp
    > | and History folder after surfing the net. Now that I got a new computer
    > | with windows XP I can't find these folders. Could some one help me?
    >
    > To delete your Temporary Internet Files open Internet Options in Control
    > Panel and on the page named General, section named Temporary Internet Files,
    > click the "Delete Files..." button. When presented with the Delete Files
    > dialog box and the option to "Delete all offline content" use the following
    > information to determine whether or not to select the checkbox.
    >
    > Offline Content includes Web Pages that you have selected to Make Available
    > Offline. For more information about using Web pages offline, see the
    > Internet Explorer Help topic titled: Making pages available for offline
    > viewing.
    >
    > Additionally, if you read the newsgroups using Outlook Express, when you
    > display a message in the Preview Pane it creates numerous temporary files in
    > your TIF that are considered Offline Content. These OLEXP temporary files
    > will only be deleted if you select the option to "Delete all offline
    > content".
    >
    > To delete your History open Internet Options in Control Panel and click the
    > "Clear History" button.
    >
    > For more information about "Using Internet Options" search the Windows XP
    > Professional Help and Support Center for the words in double-quotes and read
    > the Full-text Search Match by that title.
    >
    > NOTE: Most likely the reason you cannot find these folders is because the
    > folder that contains these folders has the Hidden attribute; and the folders
    > have the System attributes; and Windows Explorer is not configured to
    > display them. To configure Windows Explorer to "Display hidden files and
    > folders" and to "Display the contents of system folders" search the Windows
    > XP Professional Help and Support Center for the words in double-quotes and
    > read the topics by those titles.

    Hi Carrie,

    Since you seem so knowledgeable, here is what is happening to us:

    I go to Tools then Internet Options.....I have no problems deleting
    everything except history. Even if it seems to be deleted it keeps showing
    back up ...like in new windows. Deleting history does not seem to work.

    Steve, lover of Lucy

    "Carrie Garth" wrote:

    > | "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > | Message news:8EE918AD-0CDE-4B49-B45B-53C93270CB44@microsoft.com...
    > | I used to be able to go to windows explorer and delete files in my temp
    > | and History folder after surfing the net. Now that I got a new computer
    > | with windows XP I can't find these folders. Could some one help me?
    >
    > To delete your Temporary Internet Files open Internet Options in Control
    > Panel and on the page named General, section named Temporary Internet Files,
    > click the "Delete Files..." button. When presented with the Delete Files
    > dialog box and the option to "Delete all offline content" use the following
    > information to determine whether or not to select the checkbox.
    >
    > Offline Content includes Web Pages that you have selected to Make Available
    > Offline. For more information about using Web pages offline, see the
    > Internet Explorer Help topic titled: Making pages available for offline
    > viewing.
    >
    > Additionally, if you read the newsgroups using Outlook Express, when you
    > display a message in the Preview Pane it creates numerous temporary files in
    > your TIF that are considered Offline Content. These OLEXP temporary files
    > will only be deleted if you select the option to "Delete all offline
    > content".
    >
    > To delete your History open Internet Options in Control Panel and click the
    > "Clear History" button.
    >
    > For more information about "Using Internet Options" search the Windows XP
    > Professional Help and Support Center for the words in double-quotes and read
    > the Full-text Search Match by that title.
    >
    > NOTE: Most likely the reason you cannot find these folders is because the
    > folder that contains these folders has the Hidden attribute; and the folders
    > have the System attributes; and Windows Explorer is not configured to
    > display them. To configure Windows Explorer to "Display hidden files and
    > folders" and to "Display the contents of system folders" search the Windows
    > XP Professional Help and Support Center for the words in double-quotes and
    > read the topics by those titles.

Windows Explorer Microsoft Windows XP