No Sceen Savers tab in display properties

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

When I right click my desktop, I have all tabs but the screen saver, how do
I get this back?

Thanks,
Steve

Back up the Registry:
Click Start> Run, type scanregw and click OK.
When it asks if you want to back up, say yes.

Open the Registry Editor (Start>Run>Regedit).
Navigate to this key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
and look for a DWORD value named "NoDispScrSavPage"
Right-click the value, click Modify on the menu that appears, and set it to 0, or
simply delete the entire "NoDispScrSavPage" value in the right-hand pane of
Regedit..

Also look for that value in this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
and do the same if found.
(If the setting exists in this Current_User sub-key, it may be a hex value rather
than dword)
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Steve" <no_one@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> When I right click my desktop, I have all tabs but the screen saver, how do
> I get this back?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly.

-Steve-

> Back up the Registry:
> Click Start> Run, type scanregw and click OK.
> When it asks if you want to back up, say yes.
>
> Open the Registry Editor (Start>Run>Regedit).
> Navigate to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
> and look for a DWORD value named "NoDispScrSavPage"
> Right-click the value, click Modify on the menu that appears, and set it
to 0, or
> simply delete the entire "NoDispScrSavPage" value in the right-hand pane
of
> Regedit..
>
> Also look for that value in this key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
> and do the same if found.
> (If the setting exists in this Current_User sub-key, it may be a hex value
rather
> than dword)
> --
> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
>

> "Steve" <no_one@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > When I right click my desktop, I have all tabs but the screen saver,
how do
> > I get this back?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve