Win 98

Windows Protection error . You need to restart your computor.

I have just re-installed Win 98. and trying to load new drivers etc. How can
one get rid of the Windows protection error, or disable the program.
3 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    use 98SE
    "cobbo" <cobbo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Windows Protection error . You need to restart your computor.
    >
    > I have just re-installed Win 98. and trying to load new drivers etc. How
    can
    > one get rid of the Windows protection error, or disable the program.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q149962
    How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages

    http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/winproer.htm
    Henri Leboeuf's "protection" articles.

    Here are two I get at
    http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US MSKB
    Search "configmg"; Windows 98; Exact Phrase; Full Text.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;187612&Product=w98
    Err Msg: While Initializing Device CONFIGMG: Windows...
    (187612) - When your computer restarts after you run Windows 98 Setup,
    you may see the following error message: While Initializing device
    CONFIGMG: Windows Protection Error. You need to restart your computer.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263466&Product=w98
    Error Message: Initializing Device IOS Windows Protection Error
    (263466) - When you start your computer, you may receive the following
    error message: Initializing Device IOS: Windows Protection Error When
    you try to restart your computer in Safe mode, you may receive the same
    error message.

    http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US MSKB
    Search "Perf"; Windows 98; Full Text; Only produces...

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "cobbo" <cobbo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    | Windows Protection error . You need to restart your computor.
    |
    | I have just re-installed Win 98. and trying to load new drivers etc.
    How can
    | one get rid of the Windows protection error, or disable the program.

    You will need to be much more specific. When does this error occur? When
    did it start occurring and what changed at about that time? What additional
    information is supplied in the error message?

    Why did you re-install Windows, and are you quite sure that you have fixed
    whatever problem caused you to do the re-install?
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    "cobbo" <cobbo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Windows Protection error . You need to restart your computor.
    >
    > I have just re-installed Win 98. and trying to load new drivers etc. How
    > can
    > one get rid of the Windows protection error, or disable the program.

Drivers Microsoft Windows