  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
a b \ Driver
May 1, 2005 2:46:03 PM

Windows Protection error . You need to restart your computor.

I have just re-installed Win 98. and trying to load new drivers etc. How can
one get rid of the Windows protection error, or disable the program.

More about : win

May 1, 2005 7:15:49 PM

use 98SE
"cobbo" <cobbo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Windows Protection error . You need to restart your computor.
>
> I have just re-installed Win 98. and trying to load new drivers etc. How
can
> one get rid of the Windows protection error, or disable the program.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 1, 2005 11:20:46 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q149962
How to Troubleshoot Windows Protection Error Messages

http://www.colba.net/~hlebo49/winproer.htm
Henri Leboeuf's "protection" articles.

Here are two I get at
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN... MSKB
Search "configmg"; Windows 98; Exact Phrase; Full Text.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;187612&Product=w98
Err Msg: While Initializing Device CONFIGMG: Windows...
(187612) - When your computer restarts after you run Windows 98 Setup,
you may see the following error message: While Initializing device
CONFIGMG: Windows Protection Error. You need to restart your computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;263466&Product=w98
Error Message: Initializing Device IOS Windows Protection Error
(263466) - When you start your computer, you may receive the following
error message: Initializing Device IOS: Windows Protection Error When
you try to restart your computer in Safe mode, you may receive the same
error message.

http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN... MSKB
Search "Perf"; Windows 98; Full Text; Only produces...

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,
"cobbo" <cobbo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
| Windows Protection error . You need to restart your computor.
|
| I have just re-installed Win 98. and trying to load new drivers etc.
How can
| one get rid of the Windows protection error, or disable the program.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
May 2, 2005 11:52:56 AM

You will need to be much more specific. When does this error occur? When
did it start occurring and what changed at about that time? What additional
information is supplied in the error message?

Why did you re-install Windows, and are you quite sure that you have fixed
whatever problem caused you to do the re-install?
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)

!