Battlefield 2 Patch 1.01

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
News from EA

<A HREF="http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/editorial.jsp?src=communityupdate_070805" target="_new">Clicky</A>

To sum it up. the first patch accidently introduced a memory leak into the game. memory leaks bad. EA Recommends all players and all servers downgrade to the retail release. only way to do this is to delete your game and re-install.

online profiles wont be lost.

oh ya, and a little note on soemthing i noticed. when running on a geforce 6 series card. enable 4x AA. all other performance options improve and my FPS actually increased rather than decreased... ya. go figure

riser

Illustrious
I was on their site earlier and I saw that you couldn't download the patch anymore, but they didn't have anything listed. I played for a while yesterday but didn't have a problem for a while.. It did lag like crazy though.

I had a big enough pain getting it installed in the first place.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I didn’t see any update from them and I’m glad now, since I won’t have to reinstall the game. I bought the DVD version. The kid at the store said I didn’t need a DVD player, wrong I had to buy one. I loaded 4-5 CD’s before and just the one DVD loaded quicker then one CD. I’ll be using DVD from now on, if I can.

riser

Illustrious
Wow.. where did you go and you actually listened to the kid selling the stuff?

I never listen to those people in the stores.. they're all young and seem really dumb.. very very rarely has one actually said something that I found on par or worthwhile.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I went to Media play and I know zero about DVD’s. I was really anxious just to get the game home and figured if it didn’t work I would just get a DVD player and being lazy I didn’t even look for the CD version or did I look at the box good enough to notice it did in fact say you needed a DVD player. On the display it showed a pic for DVD Player and also a pic for CD and that alone made him positive it would work. Even the girl at the counter asks me if I had a DVD player, because she thought I needed one and she called back to ask. She said he should know, he knows more then me, lol. Oh well, at least it burns and I also updated my CD-RW at the same time.

lonelypauly

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
Why does this not surprise me?

<b><font color=blue>Athlon64 3200+ Winchester/MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI/MSI 6800 Ultra/1 GB Kingston HyperX (Dual Channel)/74GB WD Raptor/600Watt Enermax Noisetaker/ Dual Mitsubishi 21 Inch Monitors</b></font color=blue>

riser

Illustrious
I had a previous post on the DVD and CD versions. When I went in to buy BF2, they didn't even stock the DVD version of it. I had to buy the CDs and I had a pain installing it for some reason.

I've had a DVD burner for over a year and I have yet to burn a single DVD for some reason. I watched about 15 minutes of a movie on it once.. other than that it's a glorfied CD burner for me..

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I haven’t back up my stuff for six months and now that I have it on another disconnected HDD I might not be burning any time soon. A movie, I got Dish Net work for that. Oh, at least it’s black and matches my case and it’s there when I need it, because so far I only installed the game. Kind of a waste of $80.