Lexmark x215 windows 8 drivers
Need drivers Lexmark X215 for 64 bit windows 8.
You can try Vista drivers. This is quite old printer, no Win7/Win8 drivers.
garrickfox said:Need drivers Lexmark X215 for 64 bit windows 8.
Hi, the vista drivers do work, I got mine going in Windows 7 and it still worked when I installed Windows 8, much to my joy! Getting the scanner working is a trickier thing, but here is what I used for printing and scanning:
To install printer: Download Win Vista 64bit (printer only). Install using USB001 (virtual printer port for USB) instead of LPTI.
To install scanner: Download Win XP 64bit (scanner only)
1. Right-click on Lex_X215_WinScan_en.
2. Click Properties.
3. Click the Compatibility tab and place a checkmark next to Run
this program in compatibility mode for (Windows XP SP2).
4. Click Apply, and OK.
5. Double-click on Lex_X215_WinScan_en to install the software.
Hope this helps!
Here is what I did:
To install the printer and scanner drivers on Windows 8.1 64 bit, here is what I did and worked for me.
1. Downloaded Lexmark_X215_XP03Vista_x64_en from Lexmark and set compatibility mode to XP SP 3.
The first step is the same as described by GarrickFox however, I couldn't make the scanner work following his approach. So, here is what I did and worked like a charm for me.
2. Downloaded "Free Kapture" scanner utility by TSoft from CNET download. URL: http://download.cnet.com/FreeKapture/3000-2094_4-10673689.html and installed the software.
Scanner TWAIN software is 32 bit but hey, it worked on Windows 8.1 64 bit!!