FS2004 ground handling

I'd run FS2004 without problem on my old PC even though the old one was a
bit slow and didn't have the best of graphics cards - nonetheless FS2004
worked OK. I recently got a new PC expecting FS2004 to run even better on
it. In most respects it does but for some reason when still on the ground
any aircraft veers very strongly to the right when taxi-ing, taking off and
landing - as soon as I'm in the air the problem disappears - it's as if the
nosewheel steering is permanently skewed to one side. This never happened
running the same program on the old PC - has anyone else experienced the
same problem or can suggest a solution.??

Any answers greatly appreciated

Dave

badly calibrated rudder,

or concidently strong crosswinds

--
**********
shu

"David.Campfield" <david.campfield@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> I'd run FS2004 without problem on my old PC even though the old one was a
> bit slow and didn't have the best of graphics cards - nonetheless FS2004
> worked OK. I recently got a new PC expecting FS2004 to run even better on
> it. In most respects it does but for some reason when still on the ground
> any aircraft veers very strongly to the right when taxi-ing, taking off
and
> landing - as soon as I'm in the air the problem disappears - it's as if
the
> nosewheel steering is permanently skewed to one side. This never happened
> running the same program on the old PC - has anyone else experienced the
> same problem or can suggest a solution.??
>
> Any answers greatly appreciated
>
> Dave

Something's amiss with the rudder setting. Try recalibrating the
control(s) and/or widening the null zone a bit.

"David.Campfield" <david.campfield@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> I'd run FS2004 without problem on my old PC even though the old one was a
> bit slow and didn't have the best of graphics cards - nonetheless FS2004
> worked OK. I recently got a new PC expecting FS2004 to run even better on
> it. In most respects it does but for some reason when still on the ground
> any aircraft veers very strongly to the right when taxi-ing, taking off
> and landing - as soon as I'm in the air the problem disappears - it's as
> if the nosewheel steering is permanently skewed to one side. This never
> happened running the same program on the old PC - has anyone else
> experienced the same problem or can suggest a solution.??
>
> Any answers greatly appreciated
>
> Dave

"David.Campfield" <david.campfield@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> I'd run FS2004 without problem on my old PC even though the old one was a
> bit slow and didn't have the best of graphics cards - nonetheless FS2004
> worked OK. I recently got a new PC expecting FS2004 to run even better on
> it. In most respects it does but for some reason when still on the ground
> any aircraft veers very strongly to the right when taxi-ing, taking off
> and landing - as soon as I'm in the air the problem disappears - it's as
> if the nosewheel steering is permanently skewed to one side. This never
> happened running the same program on the old PC - has anyone else
> experienced the same problem or can suggest a solution.??
>
> Any answers greatly appreciated
>
> Dave

Your new pc may be more realistic on the ground.