Samsung CLP-500 False Waste Toner Bottle Error Messages

This printer has been working well but recently it stopped and gave the
"Waste Toner Bottle full or not installed" message. This was NOT the
case, it has hardly been used and the WTB is NOT full. I bought a new
one and installed it and the Printer went throught its initialisation
routine but then when I tried to print it again stopped with the same
message. Again I removed the new WTB, re-installed but same thing
happened.

I assume a fault with the WTB sensor. Now is there a way I can fool the
sensor into thinking the bottle is installed and empty, which in fact it
is. On the old Kyocera FS1500 Monochrome Laser printers the WTB had a
foil window which became obscured as it filled. If one glued a piece of
kitchen foil over this the sensor was fooled into reading it as empty.
One could also send a string from the Command Line to the Printer which
re-set the internal counter from 3000 copies to 10000 or whatever one
wanted so the WTB Full meassage and shutdown did not occur too soon. Is
there any similar Commands one can send to a Samsung CLP-500?

The printer is driven by a Pentium 4 , 2.6GHz with 1GB of RAM running
WinXP Pro and using Word XP. It is connected via the USB port but I
could change it over to the Centronics Parallel if needed.

--
Steve Foley

Hi there,
Youve probably already sorted this out, but it appears to be a common
problem, its an easy fix, all you need to do is find the black lever on
the right hand side, there is a little arm that swings. gets some Air
spray duster and spray this area. replace the waste cartridge and away
you go. This also means that you should be able to bypass having to buy
the toner waste cartridge completly by emptying the waste out into a
suitable container, ensuring the edge that sits against the sensor is
clear.
Hope this helps
www.kiss-components.com

--