Printer Inks

Is there a company who sells compatible inks for Canon S9000 that seems
better than another?

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

In article <1108001951.152633.164910@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>, richard50
@mchsi.com says...
> Is there a company who sells compatible inks for Canon S9000 that seems
> better than another?

Anyone who "Picks a brand" for you would be doing it in the dark, as you
havent said what you are doing with the printer.

I have used inks from www.inksupply.com (MIS Associaates) as well as
Formulabs inks in several different lines of Canon printer and had VERY good
luck with both brands. I print both normal work product (charts & graphs ect)
as well as high resolution photos on Glossy and Matte paper.

Inks from Formulabs and MIS seem to last as long (fade resistance) as the OEM
inks that Canon & Epson sell, but only time will tell.

I have several prints hanging on my living room wall that were printed a few
years ago with a Canon printer using inks from MIS Associates and they havent
faded noticably (YET), they are framed, covered with glass, and are NOT
exposed to direct sunlight.

I expect the Formulabs ink to perform at least as well, but I have only been
using their ink for a year, and I wont speculate, or tell lies.

I also have some regular Photo-Lab prints that HAVE faded over the same
length of time so, "You pay your money and you take your chances".

BEWARE of any ink company that says you can use their ink in more than ONE
brand of printer. THERE IS NO SUCH ANIMAL.

I have been using ink jet printers from Canon, HP, Epson, Lexmark, et al for
20+ years.

DO I REFILL??? yes, for prints for my own use advertising handouts, flyers,
forms and PROOFS, I re-fill the ink carts for both Canon and Epson printers

DOES RE-FILLING CAUSE PROBLEMS??? as far as I can tell re-filling has only
caused me problems with Epson printers... You need to uses cartridges
designed to be re-filled to get the bes results.. and you need a chip re-
setter for the newer Epson printers...and you need patience.....and you need
rubber gloves....and you need a drop cloth. With Canon, I have only had what
I consider to be the normal amout of head blockages, and I only need to run a
head cleaning after changing cartridges (whether OEM or re-filled).

DO I SELL PRINTS??? yes, but for SALE prints I use only OEM inks, as I feel
they a PROBABLY the best possible ink for the printer in terms of print-life,
head-wear ect. The customer deserves my best effort.

DO I RECOMMEND RE-FILLING?? Only if you are printing for your own use. If you
are selling prints, you can set a price that covers the additional cost of
using OEM inks.\\

--
Larry Lynch
Mystic, Ct.

Really appreciate the reply. Thank you.

My printing is almost uniquely for photography (Non-professional) and
am just dying from the cost of OEM inks. Got compatibles from
INKJETCARTRIDGE and am just not happy with the depth of color or
accuracy. Have been extremely satisfied witht the printer (S9000) when
using OEM inks so I don't believe it's problems with the printer. Have
found that you get what you pay for on papers (Still prefer Kodak) but
the inks...particularly the photo inks (Magenta,Cyan)...just seem
washed out. Am totally up for recommendations on inks and other papers
that cost less but seem to hold up for amateur photography.

Thanks again for your help.

BURT

Another satisfied MIS refiller with a canon i960 (six color photo printer)
I did side-by-side comparison with OEM inks and found the MIS inks to be so
close that it would be difficult to tell them apart. I also found that my
results were best with costco glossy photo paper, next best with Epson
glossy photo paper, and these were actually slightly better than the Canon
photo paper pro paper that came as a sample with the printer. Least
satisfactory in my opinion was the Kodak paper.

<richard50@mchsi.com> wrote in message
> Is there a company who sells compatible inks for Canon S9000 that seems
> better than another?

I heard about MIS. How often do you print? Better yet, have you ever
left your print idle for a month? Have you had any hints of print head
clog. Saving 50% is attractive but I hear war stories about clogged
heads on both Canon and Epson printers. I have an IP4000.

And if MIS is that good there are (?????) other ink brands that are 50%
of the price of MIS. That gets really attractive. Then to save even
more money you can refill your own with MIS or whatever.

I have found that most of the suppliers of 3rd party ink do not tell you
what brand it really is. You just know where to get it and the next
shipment could be from a different supplier if the price is better to
the vendor you get it from.

At least with Canon and Epson, both overpriced, you get consistency.

http://www.alotofthings.com/inkjetinformation/Epsonoriginalinkconsistency.htm