uninstalling program???

win98se

Trying to uninstall Norton System Works 2005 using add/remove programs and
get this msg when I click on remove all.

{71E7B3F5-CFAF-4C1E-B494-528E28707937} caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61

Suggestions please, I'd like to get it OFF MY SYSTEM.....

L.
6 answers Last reply
More about uninstalling program

    "L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com> wrote in

    > win98se
    >
    > Trying to uninstall Norton System Works 2005 using add/remove programs
    > and get this msg when I click on remove all.
    >
    > {71E7B3F5-CFAF-4C1E-B494-528E28707937} caused an invalid page fault in
    > module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61
    >

    > Suggestions please, I'd like to get it OFF MY SYSTEM.....

    Go to:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=&docid=2004071910434606&nsf=tsgeninfo.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=
    or http://tinyurl.com/676j9 and download SymNRT.exe
    You'll find it about halfway down the page.

    --
    --- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

    On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:23:21 -0500, "L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >win98se
    >
    >Trying to uninstall Norton System Works 2005 using add/remove programs and
    >get this msg when I click on remove all.
    >
    >{71E7B3F5-CFAF-4C1E-B494-528E28707937} caused an invalid page fault in
    >module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61
    >

    >Suggestions please, I'd like to get it OFF MY SYSTEM.....
    >
    >L.

    This may help, I haven't studied it carefully though.

    Line will wrap, there are no spaces.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2005
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/7ceb3503648530e188256efd00687259?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=5&Src=bar_sch_nam#_Section5

    Scroll to section 2 and choose:
    Show details for Uninstall Norton SystemWorks if Add/Remove Programs
    does not work

    Regards,

    Bill Watt
    Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

    Thanks for the info.
    Will try when I get to work tomorrow.
    Still wondering why error msg is there?

    L.

    "Bill Watt" <nobwatt@ptd.net> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:23:21 -0500, "L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>win98se
    >>
    >>Trying to uninstall Norton System Works 2005 using add/remove programs and
    >>get this msg when I click on remove all.
    >>
    >>{71E7B3F5-CFAF-4C1E-B494-528E28707937} caused an invalid page fault in
    >>module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61
    >>

    >>Suggestions please, I'd like to get it OFF MY SYSTEM.....
    >>
    >>L.
    >
    > This may help, I haven't studied it carefully though.
    >
    > Line will wrap, there are no spaces.
    > Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2005
    > http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/7ceb3503648530e188256efd00687259?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=5&Src=bar_sch_nam#_Section5
    >
    > Scroll to section 2 and choose:
    > Show details for Uninstall Norton SystemWorks if Add/Remove Programs
    > does not work
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Bill Watt
    > Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

    Thanks to all.
    Got it aff and put just a AV program on this system.

    "L/P" <ofallons1232000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for the info.
    > Will try when I get to work tomorrow.
    > Still wondering why error msg is there?
    >
    > L.
    >

    > "Bill Watt" <nobwatt@ptd.net> wrote in message
    > > On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:23:21 -0500, "L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > >>win98se
    > >>
    > >>Trying to uninstall Norton System Works 2005 using add/remove programs
    and
    > >>get this msg when I click on remove all.
    > >>
    > >>{71E7B3F5-CFAF-4C1E-B494-528E28707937} caused an invalid page fault in
    > >>module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61
    > >>

    > >>Suggestions please, I'd like to get it OFF MY SYSTEM.....
    > >>
    > >>L.
    > >
    > > This may help, I haven't studied it carefully though.
    > >
    > > Line will wrap, there are no spaces.
    > > Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2005

    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/7ceb3503648530e188256efd00687259?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=5&Src=bar_sch_nam#_Section5

    > > Scroll to section 2 and choose:
    > > Show details for Uninstall Norton SystemWorks if Add/Remove Programs
    > > does not work
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Bill Watt
    > > Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

    Glad you got squared away and thanks for letting us know the result.
    An invalid page fault error is usually memory related. Perhaps a
    program trying to use memory already reserved.

    On Wed, 4 May 2005 14:06:01 -0500, "L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Thanks to all.
    >Got it aff and put just a AV program on this system.
    >

    >"L/P" <ofallons1232000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> Thanks for the info.
    >> Will try when I get to work tomorrow.
    >> Still wondering why error msg is there?
    >>
    >> L.
    >>

    >> "Bill Watt" <nobwatt@ptd.net> wrote in message

    >and

    >> > This may help, I haven't studied it carefully though.
    >> >
    >> > Line will wrap, there are no spaces.
    >> > Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2005
    >> >
    >http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/7ceb3503648530e188256efd00687259?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=5&Src=bar_sch_nam#_Section5
    >> >
    >> > Scroll to section 2 and choose:
    >> > Show details for Uninstall Norton SystemWorks if Add/Remove Programs
    >> > does not work
    >> >
    >> > Regards,
    >> >
    >> > Bill Watt
    >> > Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

    Who knows.
    I do know that this system is running MUCH better with just a simple AV and
    firewall set up.

    Again, thanks,

    > Glad you got squared away and thanks for letting us know the result.
    > An invalid page fault error is usually memory related. Perhaps a
    > program trying to use memory already reserved.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Bill Watt
    > Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/
    >
    > On Wed, 4 May 2005 14:06:01 -0500, "L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks to all.
    >>Got it aff and put just a AV program on this system.
    >>

    >>"L/P" <ofallons1232000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks for the info.
    >>> Will try when I get to work tomorrow.
    >>> Still wondering why error msg is there?