uninstalling program???

win98se

Trying to uninstall Norton System Works 2005 using add/remove programs and
get this msg when I click on remove all.

{71E7B3F5-CFAF-4C1E-B494-528E28707937} caused an invalid page fault in
module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61

Suggestions please, I'd like to get it OFF MY SYSTEM.....

L.

"L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com> wrote in

> win98se
>
> Trying to uninstall Norton System Works 2005 using add/remove programs
> and get this msg when I click on remove all.
>
> {71E7B3F5-CFAF-4C1E-B494-528E28707937} caused an invalid page fault in
> module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61
>

> Suggestions please, I'd like to get it OFF MY SYSTEM.....

Go to:
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039?Open&src=&docid=2004071910434606&nsf=tsgeninfo.nsf&view=docid&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=
or http://tinyurl.com/676j9 and download SymNRT.exe
You'll find it about halfway down the page.

--
--- A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ---

On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:23:21 -0500, "L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>win98se
>
>Trying to uninstall Norton System Works 2005 using add/remove programs and
>get this msg when I click on remove all.
>
>{71E7B3F5-CFAF-4C1E-B494-528E28707937} caused an invalid page fault in
>module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61
>

>Suggestions please, I'd like to get it OFF MY SYSTEM.....
>
>L.

This may help, I haven't studied it carefully though.

Line will wrap, there are no spaces.
Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2005
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/7ceb3503648530e188256efd00687259?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=5&Src=bar_sch_nam#_Section5

Scroll to section 2 and choose:
Show details for Uninstall Norton SystemWorks if Add/Remove Programs
does not work

Regards,

Bill Watt
Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

Thanks for the info.
Will try when I get to work tomorrow.
Still wondering why error msg is there?

L.

"Bill Watt" <nobwatt@ptd.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:23:21 -0500, "L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>win98se
>>
>>Trying to uninstall Norton System Works 2005 using add/remove programs and
>>get this msg when I click on remove all.
>>
>>{71E7B3F5-CFAF-4C1E-B494-528E28707937} caused an invalid page fault in
>>module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61
>>

>>Suggestions please, I'd like to get it OFF MY SYSTEM.....
>>
>>L.
>
> This may help, I haven't studied it carefully though.
>
> Line will wrap, there are no spaces.
> Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2005
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/7ceb3503648530e188256efd00687259?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=5&Src=bar_sch_nam#_Section5
>
> Scroll to section 2 and choose:
> Show details for Uninstall Norton SystemWorks if Add/Remove Programs
> does not work
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill Watt
> Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

Thanks to all.
Got it aff and put just a AV program on this system.

"L/P" <ofallons1232000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info.
> Will try when I get to work tomorrow.
> Still wondering why error msg is there?
>
> L.
>

> "Bill Watt" <nobwatt@ptd.net> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:23:21 -0500, "L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >>win98se
> >>
> >>Trying to uninstall Norton System Works 2005 using add/remove programs
and
> >>get this msg when I click on remove all.
> >>
> >>{71E7B3F5-CFAF-4C1E-B494-528E28707937} caused an invalid page fault in
> >>module KERNEL32.DLL at 017f:bff9db61
> >>

> >>Suggestions please, I'd like to get it OFF MY SYSTEM.....
> >>
> >>L.
> >
> > This may help, I haven't studied it carefully though.
> >
> > Line will wrap, there are no spaces.
> > Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2005

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/7ceb3503648530e188256efd00687259?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=5&Src=bar_sch_nam#_Section5

> > Scroll to section 2 and choose:
> > Show details for Uninstall Norton SystemWorks if Add/Remove Programs
> > does not work
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Bill Watt
> > Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

Glad you got squared away and thanks for letting us know the result.
An invalid page fault error is usually memory related. Perhaps a
program trying to use memory already reserved.

On Wed, 4 May 2005 14:06:01 -0500, "L/P" <ofallon1232000@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Thanks to all.
>Got it aff and put just a AV program on this system.
>

>"L/P" <ofallons1232000@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the info.
>> Will try when I get to work tomorrow.
>> Still wondering why error msg is there?
>>
>> L.
>>

>> "Bill Watt" <nobwatt@ptd.net> wrote in message

>and

>> > This may help, I haven't studied it carefully though.
>> >
>> > Line will wrap, there are no spaces.
>> > Uninstalling and reinstalling Norton AntiVirus 2005
>> >
>http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/5faa3ca6df6f549888256edd0061c0a4/7ceb3503648530e188256efd00687259?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=5&Src=bar_sch_nam#_Section5
>> >
>> > Scroll to section 2 and choose:
>> > Show details for Uninstall Norton SystemWorks if Add/Remove Programs
>> > does not work
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> >
>> > Bill Watt
>> > Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

Who knows.
I do know that this system is running MUCH better with just a simple AV and
firewall set up.

Again, thanks,