I have a Canon S400 that's starting to wind me up.

The black ink simply won't print. I've dried deep-cleaning a gazillion
times and cleaning the print head with meths.

Anyone come across this and got any advice?

--
David Ould
http://ould.bravehost.com

"David Ould" <davidNOSPAMould@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a Canon S400 that's starting to wind me up.
>
> The black ink simply won't print. I've dried deep-cleaning a gazillion
> times and cleaning the print head with meths.
>
> Anyone come across this and got any advice?
>
> --
> David Ould
> http://ould.bravehost.com

Certainly have wasted hours on problems like this - it will probably end up
being a tired print head that costs you a fortune and is well nigh
unobtainable, why bother when £35 is a more permanent fix.
http://www.morgancomputers.co.uk/shop/detail.asp?ProductID=1152
Mine just arrived - yes, full set of genuine Canon sealed ink cartridges
included.

The really hard part is throwing 2-3 year old printers and scanners in the
skip - there must be a better way (my loft is getting full)!