Task Scheduler

Is there a way of permanently disabling Task Scheduler with Win 98 SE
which will leave the rest of it working unchanged? With my Presario
7477 it always returns on next boot up if I disable it in its Advanced
window.
With thanks for your interest and trouble.

Do you have Windows Critical Update Notification Utility
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;224420) installed?
If you disable Task Scheduler but don't uninstall this utility, Task
Scheduler will be re-enabled when you reboot.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Basil H. Grose wrote:
> Is there a way of permanently disabling Task Scheduler with Win 98 SE
> which will leave the rest of it working unchanged? With my Presario
> 7477 it always returns on next boot up if I disable it in its Advanced
> window.
> With thanks for your interest and trouble.

Thank you for the additional info. I'd never have thought of the
ramifications you have exposed in Scheduler. I raise my hat to you.
With thanks for your interest and trouble.

You are welcome.

--
Thanks or Good Luck,
There may be humor in this post, and,