freezing and blue windows fatal error

Hi guys
i have some time a freezing problem of the PC with a blue windows where is
appearing these message:

Error OE in 028:C02F28BD od VXD NAVAPO(02) + 00198C1

What this the cause of that?

Thank you for help
6 answers Last reply
More about freezing blue windows fatal error

    All I can tell you is that NAVAP is a Symantec/Norton driver file from Norton
    Anti-Virus or a related program, and that is the file involved in the error. You
    might try uninstalling your Norton products (good luck with that!), and reinstall
    them if you want them back.

    You might also check at Symantec's support web site.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Paolo" <paolotripi@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
    > Hi guys
    > i have some time a freezing problem of the PC with a blue windows where is
    > appearing these message:
    >

    > Error OE in 028:C02F28BD od VXD NAVAPO(02) + 00198C1
    >
    > What this the cause of that?
    >
    > Thank you for help

    Hi Glee
    Thank you very much for your answer.
    I run Norton System work 2001
    Why you tell me good luck?
    Regards
    "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > All I can tell you is that NAVAP is a Symantec/Norton driver file from
    Norton
    > Anti-Virus or a related program, and that is the file involved in the
    error. You
    > might try uninstalling your Norton products (good luck with that!), and
    reinstall
    > them if you want them back.
    >
    > You might also check at Symantec's support web site.
    > --
    > Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
    >

    > "Paolo" <paolotripi@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
    > > Hi guys
    > > i have some time a freezing problem of the PC with a blue windows where
    is
    > > appearing these message:
    > >

    > > Error OE in 028:C02F28BD od VXD NAVAPO(02) + 00198C1
    > >
    > > What this the cause of that?
    > >
    > > Thank you for help

    Most of the regulars here believe Norton products are problematic. They are
    intrusive on the system, bloated, sometimes hard to install, sometimes near
    impossible to uninstall, etc.

    --
    Regards

    Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
    Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    Knowledge Base Info:

    > Hi Glee
    > Thank you very much for your answer.
    > I run Norton System work 2001
    > Why you tell me good luck?
    > Regards
    > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> All I can tell you is that NAVAP is a Symantec/Norton driver file from
    > Norton
    >> Anti-Virus or a related program, and that is the file involved in the
    > error. You
    >> might try uninstalling your Norton products (good luck with that!), and
    > reinstall
    >> them if you want them back.
    >>
    >> You might also check at Symantec's support web site.
    >> --
    >> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
    >>

    >> "Paolo" <paolotripi@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
    >> > Hi guys
    >> > i have some time a freezing problem of the PC with a blue windows where
    > is
    >> > appearing these message:
    >> >

    >> > Error OE in 028:C02F28BD od VXD NAVAPO(02) + 00198C1
    >> >
    >> > What this the cause of that?
    >> >
    >> > Thank you for help

    Hi Ron
    thank for your reply.
    You help me a lot of time to solve my PC's problems and i appreciate your
    collaboration and your skill knowledge (my english isn't really well..so
    excuse me).
    I bought some time ago these Norton system work so im using it.
    What antivirus you suggest to use?
    Regards
    Paolo
    "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Most of the regulars here believe Norton products are problematic. They
    are
    > intrusive on the system, bloated, sometimes hard to install, sometimes
    near
    > impossible to uninstall, etc.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
    > Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    > Knowledge Base Info:
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
    >
    > "Paolo" <paolotripi@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
    > > Hi Glee
    > > Thank you very much for your answer.
    > > I run Norton System work 2001
    > > Why you tell me good luck?
    > > Regards
    > > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > >> All I can tell you is that NAVAP is a Symantec/Norton driver file from
    > > Norton
    > >> Anti-Virus or a related program, and that is the file involved in the
    > > error. You
    > >> might try uninstalling your Norton products (good luck with that!), and
    > > reinstall
    > >> them if you want them back.
    > >>
    > >> You might also check at Symantec's support web site.
    > >> --
    > >> Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    > >> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    > >> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/conduct/default.mspx
    > >>

    > >> "Paolo" <paolotripi@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
    > > is

    What several MVPs (including me) use is ETrust:
    http://home.ca.com/dr/sat1/ec_MAIN.Entry17c?CID=183319&SID=35715&SP=10007&PN=5&PID=693161&API1=65&API2=GOOGLE&API3=etrust_exa&DSP=&CUR=840&PGRP=0&CACHE_ID=1797880000183319

    --

    > Hi Ron
    > thank for your reply.
    > You help me a lot of time to solve my PC's problems and i appreciate your
    > collaboration and your skill knowledge (my english isn't really well..so
    > excuse me).
    > I bought some time ago these Norton system work so im using it.
    > What antivirus you suggest to use?
    > Regards
    > Paolo
    > "Ron Badour" <Sorry@NoAddress.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> Most of the regulars here believe Norton products are problematic. They
    > are
    >> intrusive on the system, bloated, sometimes hard to install, sometimes
    > near
    >> impossible to uninstall, etc.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Regards
    >>
    >> Ron Badour, MS MVP Windows 98
    >> Tips: http://home.satx.rr.com/badour
    >> Knowledge Base Info:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=kbinfo
    >>
    >> "Paolo" <paolotripi@aliceposta.it> wrote in message
    >> > Hi Glee
    >> > Thank you very much for your answer.
    >> > I run Norton System work 2001
    >> > Why you tell me good luck?
    >> > Regards
    >> > "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
    >> > Norton
    >> > error. You
    >> > reinstall

    > where
    >> > is

    As Ron says, many MVPs and others use eTrust.
    I don't....I use a free version of Avast A-V:

Microsoft Windows