Help with Internet Explore

Last response: in Windows 95/98/ME
Share
May 5, 2005 5:54:56 PM

I am trying to update an older PC running Windows98SE. The
version of Internet Explorer is version 6 but when I try to access the
properties I get a small window stating I need to download a file
called Visual Basic Script Support, Download size 815 KB to display
this page properly. Everytime I say okay it start but quickly stops
says try again later or try internet update under tools. Around and
around I go but can not download the file. If I search microsoft
windows 98 site for visual basic script support I find a file that is
around 600 kb but then this does not seem to want to down load either.
Can some one send me the file in question or point me in the right
direction to get it?

TIA
email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end
TIA
Hank

More about : internet explore

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 8:40:45 PM

Can you get to Windows Update on the machine? Are all Critical Updates
installed?

Try reinstalling Windows 5.6 Scripting Engine for Win98:
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Hank wrote:
> I am trying to update an older PC running Windows98SE. The
> version of Internet Explorer is version 6 but when I try to access the
> properties I get a small window stating I need to download a file
> called Visual Basic Script Support, Download size 815 KB to display
> this page properly. Everytime I say okay it start but quickly stops
> says try again later or try internet update under tools. Around and
> around I go but can not download the file. If I search microsoft
> windows 98 site for visual basic script support I find a file that is
> around 600 kb but then this does not seem to want to down load either.
> Can some one send me the file in question or point me in the right
> direction to get it?
>
> TIA
> email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end
> TIA
> Hank
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 2:08:40 AM

> Can you get to Windows Update on the machine? Are all Critical Updates
> installed?
>
> Try reinstalling Windows 5.6 Scripting Engine for Win98:

*http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
-BFCF-FC6AF26DC390&displaylang=en*
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Thanks, Robear, that *-* solved my problem with printing from I.E.
May 6, 2005 2:08:41 AM

YW & thanks for posting back.
--

Dave D wrote:
> > Can you get to Windows Update on the machine? Are all Critical Updates
> > installed?
> >
> > Try reinstalling Windows 5.6 Scripting Engine for Win98:
> >
> *http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
> -BFCF-FC6AF26DC390&displaylang=en*
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
> >

> Thanks, Robear, that *-* solved my problem with printing from I.E.
Anonymous
July 4, 2005 9:57:44 PM

Hank wrote:
> I am trying to update an older PC running Windows98SE. The
> version of Internet Explorer is version 6 but when I try to access the
> properties I get a small window stating I need to download a file
> called Visual Basic Script Support, Download size 815 KB to display
> this page properly. Everytime I say okay it start but quickly stops
> says try again later or try internet update under tools. Around and
> around I go but can not download the file. If I search microsoft
> windows 98 site for visual basic script support I find a file that is
> around 600 kb but then this does not seem to want to down load either.
> Can some one send me the file in question or point me in the right
> direction to get it?
>
> TIA
> email response not expected but to respond remove .uk at end
> TIA
> Hank

Here is the link to the file you were after
If you still fail to dwnld the file using the above link, give me your
personal e-mail address and I will dwmld the file for you and attach it
to an e-mail. Would have done it now but I do not have permissission
attach files to newsgrp post.
!