Saitek X52 Flight Control System"

Hi guys, I am considering purchasing a Saitek X52 Flight Control System.
Anyone here used one? If so, what do you think? It hasn't got force feedback
and was wondering if force feedback was so much better than no feedback.
What does everyone think? Saitek X52 Flight Control System any good and is
force feedback all it's cracked up to be?

Scet

Tim

Scet wrote:
> Hi guys, I am considering purchasing a Saitek X52 Flight Control
> System. Anyone here used one? If so, what do you think? It hasn't got
> force feedback and was wondering if force feedback was so much better
> than no feedback. What does everyone think? Saitek X52 Flight Control
> System any good and is force feedback all it's cracked up to be?
>

> Scet

I've got it and I really like it. I can pretty much fly without having to
use the keyboard at all, thanks to the ease of programming the stick. My
only complaint is that the spring tension on the joystick isn't strong
enough for my taste; in that respect, I preferred my old X35. I haven't used
a force feedback stick, so can't comment on that part of your question other
than to say that I don't feel any particular disappointment at not having
it.

Tim

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Tim wrote:

> Scet wrote:
>
>>Hi guys, I am considering purchasing a Saitek X52 Flight Control
>>System. Anyone here used one? If so, what do you think? It hasn't got
>>force feedback and was wondering if force feedback was so much better
>>than no feedback. What does everyone think? Saitek X52 Flight Control
>>System any good and is force feedback all it's cracked up to be?
>>

>>Scet
>

> I've got it and I really like it. I can pretty much fly without having to
> use the keyboard at all, thanks to the ease of programming the stick. My
> only complaint is that the spring tension on the joystick isn't strong
> enough for my taste; in that respect, I preferred my old X35. I haven't used
> a force feedback stick, so can't comment on that part of your question other
> than to say that I don't feel any particular disappointment at not having
> it.
>
> Tim

Here is a pretty good review of the Saitek X52.

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/ch_products_saitek_x52_review/

--

boB,
SAG 70