Dead Neo HE 550

cadfael_tex

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Just started building the new computer and when I went for the first power up with just the mobo installed - nothing. The power supply does nada. Is the power supply bad or am I missing something?

Here's the somewhat relevant info...
Case Themaltake Swing
MOBO Asus A8R32-MVP Deluxe
PSU - Antec Neo HE 550

Adamant

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
The antec neo has a known compatibility problem with asus motherboards. You can find out about it on antec's website and searching thru forums.....They made a revision to their power supply to address the problem.

cadfael_tex

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Shouldn't be a problem along that line if they fixed it. Got it delivered from the egg today. Pulled it out and checked all the connections and still nothing - no fan, no sound, no nothing.

My only line of thought has to do with a discrepency with the manual. It said that there was a 4+4 connector that comes apart. I have a 4+4 that doesn't come apart and a regular 4.

Any ideas?

Edited to add... What does the compatibility issue look like. Right now I have nothing, the PSU doesn't respond at all.

cadfael_tex

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2006
Not too dumb a question. Yes I did turn the switch on the back, it was the switch on the front I wasn't hitting. I'm generally not too stupid; I blame it on the lack of sleep and medicine from a cold.

Cheers for putting me on the right track - though now I'm quite embarrassed :roll: