fix SendTo (OE mail) - HOW?

Win98se system with Netscape 7.1 for the browser, and OE 5.0 for email. But
SendTo "Mail Recipient" always wants to startup the NS mail program. I want
it to load OE mail. How?

On Sat, 7 May 2005 23:29:56 -0400, "Ogg"
<sorry-nopam-wanted@anywhere.com> wrote:

>Win98se system with Netscape 7.1 for the browser, and OE 5.0 for email. But
>SendTo "Mail Recipient" always wants to startup the NS mail program. I want
>it to load OE mail. How?

Try this:
In the Windows\Send To folder right click the Mail Recipient
shortcut, get properties and modify the target line with the path
to OE.

Regards,

Bill Watt
Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

"Bill Watt" <nobwatt@ptd.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 7 May 2005 23:29:56 -0400, "Ogg"
> <sorry-nopam-wanted@anywhere.com> wrote:
>

> >Win98se system with Netscape 7.1 for the browser, and OE 5.0 for email. But
> >SendTo "Mail Recipient" always wants to startup the NS mail program. I want
> >it to load OE mail. How?
> >

> Try this:
> In the Windows\Send To folder right click the Mail Recipient
> shortcut, get properties and modify the target line with the path
> to OE.

Bill,
The "Mail Recipient" entry in SendTo is not a shortcut, but rather a 0KB "MAPIMAIL"
file, and does not have a Target line or a shortcut tab on the properties sheet.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

See if this works:
Click Start> Settings> Control Panel> Internet Options> Programs tab.
In the "Internet Programs" section, click the drop-down box for "E-mail", and select
Outlook Express, then click OK.
--

On Sun, 8 May 2005 01:24:00 -0400, "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com>
wrote:

>"Bill Watt" <nobwatt@ptd.net> wrote in message
>> On Sat, 7 May 2005 23:29:56 -0400, "Ogg"
>> <sorry-nopam-wanted@anywhere.com> wrote:
>>

>> >Win98se system with Netscape 7.1 for the browser, and OE 5.0 for email. But
>> >SendTo "Mail Recipient" always wants to startup the NS mail program. I want
>> >it to load OE mail. How?
>> >

>> Try this:
>> In the Windows\Send To folder right click the Mail Recipient
>> shortcut, get properties and modify the target line with the path
>> to OE.
>
>Bill,
>The "Mail Recipient" entry in SendTo is not a shortcut, but rather a 0KB "MAPIMAIL"
>file, and does not have a Target line or a shortcut tab on the properties sheet.

OOPS, I looked at Mail Recipient Using Microsoft Outlook
The target line is:
"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\sendfile.exe"

Thanks for the heads up.