fix SendTo (OE mail) - HOW?

Win98se system with Netscape 7.1 for the browser, and OE 5.0 for email. But
SendTo "Mail Recipient" always wants to startup the NS mail program. I want
it to load OE mail. How?
4 answers Last reply
More about sendto mail

    On Sat, 7 May 2005 23:29:56 -0400, "Ogg"
    <sorry-nopam-wanted@anywhere.com> wrote:

    >Win98se system with Netscape 7.1 for the browser, and OE 5.0 for email. But
    >SendTo "Mail Recipient" always wants to startup the NS mail program. I want
    >it to load OE mail. How?

    Try this:
    In the Windows\Send To folder right click the Mail Recipient
    shortcut, get properties and modify the target line with the path
    to OE.

    Regards,

    Bill Watt
    Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

    "Bill Watt" <nobwatt@ptd.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 7 May 2005 23:29:56 -0400, "Ogg"
    > <sorry-nopam-wanted@anywhere.com> wrote:
    >

    > >Win98se system with Netscape 7.1 for the browser, and OE 5.0 for email. But
    > >SendTo "Mail Recipient" always wants to startup the NS mail program. I want
    > >it to load OE mail. How?
    > >

    > Try this:
    > In the Windows\Send To folder right click the Mail Recipient
    > shortcut, get properties and modify the target line with the path
    > to OE.

    Bill,
    The "Mail Recipient" entry in SendTo is not a shortcut, but rather a 0KB "MAPIMAIL"
    file, and does not have a Target line or a shortcut tab on the properties sheet.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    See if this works:
    Click Start> Settings> Control Panel> Internet Options> Programs tab.
    In the "Internet Programs" section, click the drop-down box for "E-mail", and select
    Outlook Express, then click OK.
    --

    On Sun, 8 May 2005 01:24:00 -0400, "glee" <glee29@spamindspring.com>
    wrote:

    >"Bill Watt" <nobwatt@ptd.net> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 7 May 2005 23:29:56 -0400, "Ogg"
    >> <sorry-nopam-wanted@anywhere.com> wrote:
    >>

    >> >Win98se system with Netscape 7.1 for the browser, and OE 5.0 for email. But
    >> >SendTo "Mail Recipient" always wants to startup the NS mail program. I want
    >> >it to load OE mail. How?
    >> >

    >> Try this:
    >> In the Windows\Send To folder right click the Mail Recipient
    >> shortcut, get properties and modify the target line with the path
    >> to OE.
    >
    >Bill,
    >The "Mail Recipient" entry in SendTo is not a shortcut, but rather a 0KB "MAPIMAIL"
    >file, and does not have a Target line or a shortcut tab on the properties sheet.

    OOPS, I looked at Mail Recipient Using Microsoft Outlook
    The target line is:
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\sendfile.exe"

    Thanks for the heads up.

    Regards,

    Bill Watt
    Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/