hosts file

sf

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2004

How do I put the Hosts File Manager somewhere I can get to it
easily... like systray, quicklaunch or taskbar?

sf
who doesn't think logically in situations like this

TIA

"sf" <sf@gmail.com> wrote in message

> How do I put the Hosts File Manager somewhere I can get to it
> easily... like systray, quicklaunch or taskbar?
>
> sf
> who doesn't think logically in situations like this
>
> TIA

Right click the Start button and select "Explore"

Browse to the folder containing the Hosts File Manager program

Right click on the program, hold down the mouse button
and drag the icon to
C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

Let go and select "Create shortcut here"

You can also drag it straight to the Launch Bar if you prefer

You cannot drag it to the Task Bar or to Systray

The program will only appear on the Task Bar when it is running.

The program will only appear in the Systray IF it is loaded
and IF the program contains code to display an Icon in Systray.

Hi Barb

It depends on what you mean by a "Hosts File Manager".
What is the URL you are using for it?
Perhaps http://www.mvps.org/PracticallyNerded/SoftMain.htm ?
(I haven't tried that one)

I use this:
HostsToggle: http://accs-net.com/hosts/HostsToggle/
The hosts file I use in Win98 is
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm but I have changed my mind
occasionally as to which of the many I use.

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html