error message 0x80070057

When I go to download and install some updates I get this error message.
0x80070057. What do I do? it does show 80070057 I tried that but it did not
work.

Taking a wild guess since you supply basically no information......
Are you referring to Windows Update, and the "it" in "it does show 80070057" is the
Windows Update Troubleshooter at
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
?

If so, does that mean you tried the suggestions under the section titled "Error
80070057 during Scan" and they did not work?

Exactly when during the update process do you get the error? What is the complete
exact error message, word for word? What updates are you trying to install?

See if this applies:
0x80070057 Windows Update error -
http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070057.html
In addition to the NetOp issue, it mentions outdated OKI (Okidata printer) drivers.
See the post by Hans Juergen Lenzen: "And another! (0x80070057)", near the end of
this web page:
http://www.updatexp.com/0x800A138F.html
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+