Coolermaster vs. Thermaltake

I prefer the low-end CM Centurion series over TT's choices. For mid-range media and towers it is a toss-up, depends on preference / style (I do like the prateorian's look, as if it was milled from a solid block of aluminum). High-end CM only has stacker, and TT has a lot of choices again a toss-up depending on style.

Cooling devices - same story, CM has better low-end products and TT has really nice high-end fanless coolers.

bottom line - CM gives best bang-per buck unless you are willing to shell out a lot of $$ then it is all about choice / style

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
Coolermaster vs. Thermaltake
who do u guys think is better at makin cases, cooling etc.

They both make really excellent cases. You could argue till you're blue in the face but they are close enough in design and build quality that it gets down to the intangibles and personal preference. I was ready to buy a CM but got a TT becuse it was $30 off. If I'd seen one particular Lian Li at the time, I could have easily gone that way too.

Fuse

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
bottom line - CM gives best bang-per buck unless you are willing to shell out a lot of $$ then it is all about choice / style

Nicely put. That statement should not take anything away from CM though. I think they have some very nice items that are comparable, or even beat out TT.

It's a toss up of what you favor in a case/controller/whatever.

amddiesel

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
Ive got the stacker 830..it looks good and has lots of room for fans..but boy is this thing heavy..Im worried of carrying this beast around to a LAN

Thats my opinion

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
i think CM i sbetter than TT, like a Centurion will have the same cooling as a Tsunami, same quality (high) but half th eprice, CM is better cuz they are budget friendly, now if u add Antec in that toss up, i'd go with antec they make really nice things

busygamer01

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2006
I prefer Thermaltake. I use Thermaltake and it offers excellent ventilation for my pc. Inside the case the temperature is about from 20 C to 30 C. Go with Thermaltake.

Each mfr is going to have good and bad cases and PSUs. What are the specs for your proposed rig? What will be the system usage? Where will it be placed? How important is noise level being emitted from the case? Will you be overclocking? For us to make good recommendations you need to give us some more information. :smile:

xSunnYx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Got a Coolermaster Stacker 830 atm, i love the looks.. sadly enough I'm selling it since it's too small to fit my watercooling setup(thats coming in next week) in it.

Going for the Lian Li V2100 baby!

shadowjagans

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
Most Lian Li cases dont look stylish?, they look a bit plain dont u guys think so? but is it their space/cooling/ezy to customize that makes them good?

xSunnYx

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2005
Most Lian Li cases dont look stylish?, they look a bit plain dont u guys think so? but is it their space/cooling/ezy to customize that makes them good?

Lian Li V2000/V2100 got a nice chamber at the bottom, which fits a Double/Quad Heatercore perfectly after some modding.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005

style is based off personnal preference.

im biased and gonna say coolermaster, cause i have the Praetorian case(in black) and i could sit and drool over it lol.

but really those guys are right its a toss up there were alot of cases that i didnt like from coolermaster, and theres quite a few i dont like from TT.

btw my first choice was a wavemaster case, but it was outta stock when i ordered it and so i went with the praetorian case(i havnt regreted it)

PhearChyld

Distinguished
May 5, 2006
I have a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream and I have cut the side panel to make room for a 120mm fan.

You will be hard pressed for a perfect case but this case stays very cool and so I can afford to put slower quieter fans in it.

Either way some of the better things to look for is the metal it is constructed with (Aluminum), fan placement (120mm preferable)

Also ZipZoomFly just changed how they do thier shipping and cases are now included in free shipping...5-7 days is kinda lame but still thats at least $15 more you can spend on a case.

1a.jpg