code to move mouse pointer

Is there Windows script that can move the mouse pointer. I have this in
some Word macros. I'd like to access the same capability in .vbs files.

Thanks.
Larry
6 answers Last reply
More about code move mouse pointer

    Larry wrote:
    > Is there Windows script that can move the mouse pointer. I have this in
    > some Word macros. I'd like to access the same capability in .vbs files.

    In VB it is possible to call the mouse APIs and do this (set mouse
    position). Not sure how VBS compares to VB but maybe it's possible too.
    I can send you the code if you think it'd work (if VBS can use ActiveX
    programs, then maybe it would be easier for me to make you the ActiveX
    that will let you control the mouse directly... want?).

    --
    Model: INFJ
    Primary function: Coprocessor

    "Even a child who is pure at heart
    And does his homework neatly
    May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
    And the moon is full, completely."

    I simply want to put code in a .vbs file that will move the mouse to a
    corner of the screen. This is for .vbs files that open Explorer
    windows, and I want to get the mouse out of the way.

    You could just put the code in your e-mail reply.

    I don't know ActiveX. How is it installed? What application does it
    run from?

    Thanks,
    Larry

    Larry wrote:
    > I simply want to put code in a .vbs file that will move the mouse to a
    > corner of the screen. This is for .vbs files that open Explorer
    > windows, and I want to get the mouse out of the way.

    Could you rather just change the mouse pointer icon to something
    invisible? That should be much easier to do!

    > You could just put the code in your e-mail reply.

    I will look for it and post it to you when I find it. Just I must warn
    you it probably isn't very small or simple.

    > I don't know ActiveX. How is it installed? What application does it
    > run from?

    ActiveX are like DLL files, you copy them allong with your other files
    and reffer to them in your own programs as if you were calling a command
    from your own program. (If this all is from the interenet, there is a
    Microsoft way to install them with the browser giving the user a
    question if he wants to and clicking yes will do it automatically, but
    it is a bit complicated IMHO). ActiveX files have to be added to the
    registry to be installed (the program "regsvr32" found in the windows
    directory should be used to do that, namely "regsvr32 /s
    NameOfYourActiveX.ocx" to install and "regsvr32 /s /u
    NameOfYourActiveX.ocx" to uninstall). ActiveX are binaries like EXE
    files they don't run from anything they just run.

    Is that acceptable?

    --
    Model: INFJ
    Primary function: Coprocessor
    Secondary function: Cluster commander

    "Even a child who is pure at heart
    And does his homework neatly
    May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
    And the moon is full, completely."

    A word of caution when excepting code from any outside source, especially if
    that source is unknown. In no way am I saying that Jure Sah has any ill
    intentions, yet any code accepted should be scrutinized first. This
    recommendation should be taken literally for any source code no matter who it is
    from, whether it be someone well known or not.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    "Larry" <larry328NOSPAM@att.net> wrote in message
    > Is there Windows script that can move the mouse pointer. I have this in
    > some Word macros. I'd like to access the same capability in .vbs files.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Larry

    Well, isn't that a further reason that a .vbs file, rather than an
    ActiveX plugin or whatever, would be a much simpler way of doing this?

    "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
    > A word of caution when excepting code from any outside source,
    especially if
    > that source is unknown. In no way am I saying that Jure Sah has any
    ill
    > intentions, yet any code accepted should be scrutinized first. This
    > recommendation should be taken literally for any source code no matter
    who it is
    > from, whether it be someone well known or not.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Brian A. Sesko
    > { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Larry" <larry328NOSPAM@att.net> wrote in message
    > > Is there Windows script that can move the mouse pointer. I have
    this in
    > > some Word macros. I'd like to access the same capability in .vbs
    files.

    > > Thanks.
    > > Larry

    You are assuming that VBS code is easier to check than other forms of code,
    which may generally be the case, or may specifically apply to you, but does
    not in any way diminish the importance of the warning about using code from
    uncertain sources.

    VBS code, if it could accomplish this task, would be so opaque that it would
    need a very experienced programmer to be sure that it was doing what it was
    supposed to do.

    The problem is that someone might see Jure Sah's offer and take the
    opportunity to impersonate him just to see if they can induce you into
    executing some malicious code.
    --
    Jeff Richards
    MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)
    > Well, isn't that a further reason that a .vbs file, rather than an
    > ActiveX plugin or whatever, would be a much simpler way of doing this?
    >
    > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
    >> A word of caution when excepting code from any outside source,
    > especially if
    >> that source is unknown. In no way am I saying that Jure Sah has any
    > ill
    >> intentions, yet any code accepted should be scrutinized first. This
    >> recommendation should be taken literally for any source code no matter
    > who it is
    >> from, whether it be someone well known or not.

Mice Pointer Microsoft Windows