FALSE empty folder

Something is creating an empty folder named 'FALSE' on my desktop. I delete
it and it comes back the next time I use the net. I've ran spybot and
ad-aware twice to no avail. I use McAfee virus scan. I need to be able to
tell what is creating this thing.....it's properties give no clue. Any
help?

"kchall" <r1hall@msn.com> wrote in

> Something is creating an empty folder named 'FALSE' on my desktop. I
> delete it and it comes back the next time I use the net. I've ran
> spybot and ad-aware twice to no avail. I use McAfee virus scan. I
> need to be able to tell what is creating this thing.....it's
> properties give no clue. Any help?

You can download FileMon from <www.sysinternals.com> to monitor all
fileaccess. It should be possible to see which program creates the folder.

Ingeborg: Thanks! FileMon worked. I now know that a program, TC2000, is
the culprit.

> Ingeborg: Thanks! FileMon worked. I now know that a program,
> TC2000, is the culprit.
>
> "Ingeborg" <a@b.invalid> wrote in message
>> "kchall" <r1hall@msn.com> wrote in
>>
>> > Something is creating an empty folder named 'FALSE' on my desktop.
>> > I delete it and it comes back the next time I use the net. I've
>> > ran spybot and ad-aware twice to no avail. I use McAfee virus
>> > scan. I need to be able to tell what is creating this
>> > thing.....it's properties give no clue. Any help?
>> >

>> You can download FileMon from <www.sysinternals.com> to monitor all
>> fileaccess. It should be possible to see which program creates the
>> folder.

You're welcome.