Acrobat helper DLL

Hello,

There is an acrobat helper dll that crashes explorer every now and then.
I don't see any particular reason to have acrobat spyware dlls in my
windows explorer, how do I remove it without destroying anything?

Thanks.

--
Model: INFJ
Primary function: Coprocessor

"Even a child who is pure at heart
And does his homework neatly
May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
And the moon is full, completely."

"Jure Sah" <jure.sah@guest.arnes.si> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> There is an acrobat helper dll that crashes explorer every now and then.
> I don't see any particular reason to have acrobat spyware dlls in my
> windows explorer, how do I remove it without destroying anything?

What is the name of the file?

Do you have a specific need for all of the Acrobat helpers?

From: "Jure Sah" <jure.sah@guest.arnes.si>

| Hello,
|
| There is an acrobat helper dll that crashes explorer every now and then.
| I don't see any particular reason to have acrobat spyware dlls in my
| windows explorer, how do I remove it without destroying anything?
|
| Thanks.
|
| --
| Model: INFJ
| Primary function: Coprocessor
| Secondary function: Cluster commander
|
| "Even a child who is pure at heart
| And does his homework neatly
| May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
| And the moon is full, completely."

The Acrobat BHO is NOT Spyware.

Just remove the Adobe Acrobat Reader.if you don't want the DLL.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

"Jure Sah" <jure.sah@guest.arnes.si> wrote in message

> There is an acrobat helper dll that crashes explorer every now and then.
> I don't see any particular reason to have acrobat spyware dlls in my
> windows explorer, how do I remove it without destroying anything?

Do you have on your hard drive ACRORD*.EXE ?
If so this is the Adobe reader for PDF files,
which most of us find useful. The name
Acrobat is not usually associated with SPYWARE.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Hugh Candlin wrote:
> "Jure Sah" <jure.sah@guest.arnes.si> wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>There is an acrobat helper dll that crashes explorer every now and then.
>>I don't see any particular reason to have acrobat spyware dlls in my
>>windows explorer, how do I remove it without destroying anything?
>

> What is the name of the file?

I think it's Acrobat_helper.dll but not sure... would have to wait until
it crashes again and c/p it.

> Do you have a specific need for all of the Acrobat helpers?

I use the Acrobat Reader in FireFox occasionally but nothing beyond that.

--

> Hugh Candlin wrote:
> > "Jure Sah" <jure.sah@guest.arnes.si> wrote in message
> >
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>There is an acrobat helper dll that crashes explorer every now and then.
> >>I don't see any particular reason to have acrobat spyware dlls in my
> >>windows explorer, how do I remove it without destroying anything?

> > What is the name of the file?
>
> I think it's Acrobat_helper.dll but not sure... would have to wait until
> it crashes again and c/p it.

It may be AcroIEHelper.dll which should be in your
E:\Acrobat\Reader\ActiveX
where E is your CDROM drive letter

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat Reader
to see if that stops the crash.

What makes you say it is spyware?

David H. Lipman wrote:
> The Acrobat BHO is NOT Spyware.
>
> Just remove the Adobe Acrobat Reader.if you don't want the DLL.

The reader works fine, the DLL crashes. If it's not spyware then what IS
it doing in Windows explorer?

From: "Jure Sah" <jure.sah@guest.arnes.si>

>> The Acrobat BHO is NOT Spyware.
>>
>> Just remove the Adobe Acrobat Reader.if you don't want the DLL.

A Browser Helper Object to view PDF files from within the Browser.

--

David H. Lipman wrote:
>>>The Acrobat BHO is NOT Spyware.
>>>
>>>Just remove the Adobe Acrobat Reader.if you don't want the DLL.
>
> A Browser Helper Object to view PDF files from within the Browser.

Within the Windows File browser? I've never seen that happen.

--
Model: INFJ
Primary function: Coprocessor
Secondary function: Cluster commander

"Even a child who is pure at heart
And does his homework neatly
May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
And the moon is full, completely."

FWIW....Once a PDF file has been loaded in the browser, the helper files (and
usually acrord32.exe also) remain loaded throughout the Windows session. It is a
bug in Acrobat Reader.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> > A Browser Helper Object to view PDF files from within the Browser.
>
> Within the Windows File browser? I've never seen that happen.
>
> --
> Model: INFJ
> Primary function: Coprocessor
> Secondary function: Cluster commander
>
> "Even a child who is pure at heart
> And does his homework neatly
> May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
> And the moon is full, completely."

> > A Browser Helper Object to view PDF files from within the Browser.

"Jure Sah" <jure.sah@guest.arnes.si> wrote in message

> Within the Windows File browser? I've never seen that happen.

Since version 5.? the free Acrobat Reader default installation
mode was within IE (to facilitate reading PDF files when connected
via IE). It has been so long ago I forget whether there was an
optional toggle to unselect this configuration.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

glee wrote:
> FWIW....Once a PDF file has been loaded in the browser, the helper files (and
> usually acrord32.exe also) remain loaded throughout the Windows session. It is a
> bug in Acrobat Reader.

I get the errors directly after boot up up to twice.

--
Model: INFJ
Primary function: Coprocessor
Secondary function: Cluster commander

"Even a child who is pure at heart
And does his homework neatly
May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
And the moon is full, completely."

Please supply the exact error messages, word for word.

If the errors occur right after starting Windows, please do this:
Click Start>Run, type MSINFO32 and click OK.
In the left pane of the System Information window, click the + sign to expand the
"Software Environment" category.
In the left pane, click to select "Startup Programs"....they will appear in a list
on the right.
Press Ctrl-A on the keyboard, which will highlight everything in the list on the
right.
Press Ctrl-C to copy the list to the 'clipboard'.
Open a reply to this message, click in the body of the message and press Ctrl-V to
paste the list from the clipboard to the message, and post back to this thread.
--

> glee wrote:
> > FWIW....Once a PDF file has been loaded in the browser, the helper files (and
> > usually acrord32.exe also) remain loaded throughout the Windows session. It is
> > bug in Acrobat Reader.
>
> I get the errors directly after boot up up to twice.
>
> --
> Model: INFJ
> Primary function: Coprocessor
> Secondary function: Cluster commander
>
> "Even a child who is pure at heart
> And does his homework neatly
> May become a wolf when the wolfsbane blooms
> And the moon is full, completely."

TRENDING THREADS