Un-installing KB891711 to install new version

I have a friend who un-installed KB891711 from Add/Remove then went
to Windows Update for the new version but was informed it was
already installed. What else needs to be removed?
Anyone know?

Would appreciate any information.

Regards,

Bill Watt
Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

I've run into this, too, recently.

Download this update via Windows Update Catalog.
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/catalog/en/default.asp
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Bill Watt wrote:
> I have a friend who un-installed KB891711 from Add/Remove then went
> to Windows Update for the new version but was informed it was
> already installed. What else needs to be removed?
> Anyone know?
>
> Would appreciate any information.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bill Watt
> Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/

Press Ctrl+Alt+delete, and End task on Kb891711, if shown there.
Uninstall the update through Add\Remove Programs, then delete this folder, and all
its contents:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711

You should then be able to get the current version of 891711 through Windows Update.
If not, use PA bear's suggestion of getting it through the WU catalog.
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:59:27 -0400, Bill Watt <nobwatt@ptd.net>
wrote:

>I have a friend who un-installed KB891711 from Add/Remove then went
>to Windows Update for the new version but was informed it was
>already installed. What else needs to be removed?
>Anyone know?
>
>Would appreciate any information.

Robear and Glen, thanks for the info. I haven't heard back yet but
your suggestions should do it.

Regards,

Bill Watt
Computer Help and Information http://home.ptd.net/~bwatt/