wth? fan stopped?

shadowjagans

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
i was turnin off my computer earlier and well i was staring at my computer LED fans while it was goin off, and i noticed 2 out of 5 of them werent actually working, i didnt go into the bios or do anything to the fan at all, it was workin jus fine earlier today, i checked the wires and stuff, seems jus fine (well i neva touched the inside of my case from the day i bought it which 2 months ago), anyone know how to fix it? or is the fan jus faulty and i should jus bring my pc to the computer shop and complain, my friend is persisting it is a power supply problem but sure doesnt seem like it, i mean its jus 2 fans, how mch power could it possibly use, anyone got a solution besides goin to the computer shop to complain?

Muso

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2002
Are they case fans? If so, with the side of your case off, try unplugging the fans that are working and plugging the fans that aren't working into their power connectors. This will show you where the problem lies. If the problem lies in the fans, then they will not work regardless of what connector they are plugged in to. If the problem lies in the connectors, either the fan connectors on your motherboard or a molex connector on your PSU, the fans will work when plugged in to the connectors which house the currently running fans.

The problem would probably be the individual fans before the PSU, so check that using the method explained above.