Question about Win 98 OEM Software on Ebay

I didnt realize it was improper to sell Windows 98 OEM software.
Well, I did this on ebay and my auction was cancelled.
Here is the question that I have, shouldn't other people selling Windows 98
OEM software on ebay have their auctions cancelled too?
Here are some Windows 98 OEM auctions that I think ebay should cancel but
haven't.
What's you opinion on this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7155317692&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7156013774&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7156160030&rd=1

Opinions here are three for a nickel - maybe less if the weekend clearance
is in effect. :)

eBay is the place to take your complaints.

"GG" <nospam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I didnt realize it was improper to sell Windows 98 OEM software.
> Well, I did this on ebay and my auction was cancelled.
> Here is the question that I have, shouldn't other people selling Windows
> 98 OEM software on ebay have their auctions cancelled too?
> Here are some Windows 98 OEM auctions that I think ebay should cancel but
> haven't.
> What's you opinion on this?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7155317692&rd=1
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7156013774&rd=1
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7156160030&rd=1

As others mentioned, this is something you will have to take up with Ebay. I'm
sure they would be willing to provide you with any information pertaining to
your cancellation.

For what it's worth, #2 and 3 links you provided have also been canceled and my
bet is #1 is not far behind as the booklet pictured clearly states:
<quote>
For distribution with a new PC only
</quote>

Your nickel is now fully spent.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

"GG" <nospam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I didnt realize it was improper to sell Windows 98 OEM software.
> Well, I did this on ebay and my auction was cancelled.
> Here is the question that I have, shouldn't other people selling Windows 98
> OEM software on ebay have their auctions cancelled too?
> Here are some Windows 98 OEM auctions that I think ebay should cancel but
> haven't.
> What's you opinion on this?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7155317692&rd=1
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7156013774&rd=1
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7156160030&rd=1

I did take it up with ebay.
Maybe the read my email.
I feel better now.
Thx
"Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
> As others mentioned, this is something you will have to take up with Ebay.
> I'm sure they would be willing to provide you with any information
> pertaining to your cancellation.
>
> For what it's worth, #2 and 3 links you provided have also been canceled
> and my bet is #1 is not far behind as the booklet pictured clearly states:
> <quote>
> For distribution with a new PC only
> </quote>
>
> Your nickel is now fully spent.
>
> --
>
> Brian A. Sesko
> { MS MVP_Shell/User }
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "GG" <nospam@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I didnt realize it was improper to sell Windows 98 OEM software.
>> Well, I did this on ebay and my auction was cancelled.
>> Here is the question that I have, shouldn't other people selling Windows
>> 98 OEM software on ebay have their auctions cancelled too?
>> Here are some Windows 98 OEM auctions that I think ebay should cancel but
>> haven't.
>> What's you opinion on this?
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7155317692&rd=1
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7156013774&rd=1
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=41884&item=7156160030&rd=1

EBay doesn't ban the sale of OEM software - they ban the sale of software
that you are not entitled to sell. So it depends on the license you agreed
to when you purchased or first used the software. Most consumer OEM software
licences do not allow you to transfer the software without also transferring
the equipment with which it was originally supplied. Perhaps EBay thought
that you were not also including the hardware with the software, as your
licence probably requires. You need to look up the terms of the OEM software
licence you agreed to. If you think you have been wrongly cancelled you
should take it up with EBay. If you think those other sellers aren't
entitled to sell their software you should take it up with EBay.
--
Jeff Richards
MS MVP (Windows - Shell/User)