More Windows Security Issues

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

http://www.eeye.com/html/research/upcoming/index.html

As you can see from this web page -- Windows NT (New Technology) is affected
again by more security issues than Windows 9x. Windows NT includes 2000 and
XP while 9x includes 98 and 98SE. Currently, two of the high security issues
that allow a hacker to remotely attack your computer affect NT4, 2000, XP and
possibly even Windows 2003 while the other Windows issue probably affects all
issues of Windows including 98SE. It might be time for users to challenge
Microsoft to have a really strong and secure source code with Longhorn which
I highly hope for in 2006 or more likely early 2007.

How bout that, a site that is in the business of network analysis and security
that mentions vulnerabilities in IE/OE and a product not even distributed by MS,
RealPlayer.

Oh, BTW Dan, the issues mentioned on the page you provided have already been
addressed by MS.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Brian. I was wondering why the page does not erase the
vulnerabilities if Microsoft has already addressed all of them?