single-engine high wing tail dragger

___| reply |__________________________________________________________

Would you have any idea where to get a single engine high wing tail
dragger as realistic as possible?

From what I understand the decathlon doesn't have flaps so you need to slip
on final, is that correct and does it slip correctly? I'm concerned only on
doing patterns and specially finals and landing. I'm building a taildragger
and want to do different landings on FS, it's easier to fix the wings on the
pc.
david
"David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in
message news:1122329637.2102@forums.simradar.com...

"David Koehler" <dk0257@ev1.net> wrote in message
> From what I understand the decathlon doesn't have flaps so you need to
> slip
> on final, is that correct and does it slip correctly? I'm concerned only
> on
> doing patterns and specially finals and landing. I'm building a
> taildragger
> and want to do different landings on FS, it's easier to fix the wings on
> the
> pc.
> david

One of the finest Decathlons out there would be the RealAir Decathlon. I can
tell you as well that although RealAir has duplicated the ability to slip
their airplanes, it is NOT necessary to slip either their Decathlon, or ANY
Decathlon to land the airplane. Airspeed on final is controlled with pitch
just as it would be using flaps. Slips are NOT used to control airspeed;
they are used to scrub off excess altitude if that's necessary.
If you are interested in a high wing tailwheel airplane, I would suggest the
Real Air Scout, which gives you the option of landing with or without flaps.
One thing; if you are practicing for real world flight, I would also suggest
as a CFI that you do NOT use the simulator for this purpose. For simulator
only use, you will find practice with the Scout quite useful in learning how
to land these airplanes.
Dudley Henriques

dallas

"David Koehler"
> and does it slip correctly?

The RealAir Decathlon slips as well as Flight Simulator can model it...
which is only fair. If you hit full rudder you can slip the Decathlon
almost sideways which not very realistic. But, a moderate use of the rudder
does produce a believable effect.

Dallas

> "David Koehler"
> > and does it slip correctly?
>
> The RealAir Decathlon slips as well as Flight Simulator can model it...
> which is only fair. If you hit full rudder you can slip the Decathlon
> almost sideways which not very realistic. But, a moderate use of the
rudder
> does produce a believable effect.
>

> Dallas

You know Your going to cost me money,FS9 is the same as Flight Sim 2004 or
is there a newer one. Also, I'm springing for the decathlon. I use the c172
on t89 and it seems to improve my pattern in the real world. Will the afcad
do the same thing in fs04, and will it put the graphics of a runway
automatically.
david

dallas

"David Koehler"
>FS9 is the same as Flight Sim 2004 or

FS9 - FS2004 - FS Century of Flight = all the same product and it's the
current one. ACAD works with FS9.

> Also, I'm springing for the decathlon.

I guarantee you'll love it. :)

Dallas