Sign in with
Your question

Crash trying to come out of Standby

Last response: in Windows 7
April 17, 2011 12:26:31 AM

Hello all,

I am having a serious problem with sleep mode in WIN7. Whenever I put the PC in sleep mode, it will come back on when I hit ESC or move the mouse, but the monitor never comes back on and the PC is crashed. I can't do anything other than cut the power to get it to shut off.

My bios is only the same version that came on the CD that came with the board. In the directions, it stated not to update the bios if I am not having problems, and up until I went to try to put it in sleep mode today everything has been running perfect.

I have also not updated my ATI Catalyst software either, just still running the same stuff that came on the CD with the GPU. I guess I figure why mess with success if all was well.

My memory shows to be running at 1600 with the voltage at 1.65. I've done a bit of research on the topic, but there's lots of varied opinions on other forums I've seen.

This symptom is very problematic and I am nervous about keeping on causing it to occur if I can't get a good handle on what to do first - when it did this I had to try rebooting twice for my machine to finally come alive again (the first reboot was unsuccessful and the monitor never responded similar to the first crash).

Any help is appreciated!

My build:

Intel i5 2500k CPU

Asus P8P67 REV 3.0 mobo

XFX Radeon 6850 GPU

CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600

Antec 750W PSU

Antec 902 case

Corsair CPU cooler

Western Digital Sata-6 1TB HDD

LG Bluray burner

Win7 Home Premium 64 bit

More about : crash standby

April 17, 2011 12:54:30 AM

It's not something you'd expect to see from a new board like yours. It could be that the video card is faulty and simply not waking up with the rest of the system?

I'd say update your BIOS and Vid drivers and any other drive you can possibly upgrade, with new releases there is often bugfixes in the newer drivers.

Then try doing a furmark stbility test on the video card for 30mins or so and see if anything weird happens.
April 17, 2011 1:33:04 AM

lipe123 said:
It's not something you'd expect to see from a new board like yours. It could be that the video card is faulty and simply not waking up with the rest of the system?

I'd say update your BIOS and Vid drivers and any other drive you can possibly upgrade, with new releases there is often bugfixes in the newer drivers.

Then try doing a furmark stbility test on the video card for 30mins or so and see if anything weird happens.

I've run some basic benchmark tests already such as 3dmark06, and the GPU performed great. I guess I am going to have to update the bios and GPU drivers next though. I need to get this nailed down pretty soon too, I've had my system built for about 3 weeks now and I'd better hurry if I expect to RMA anything with Newegg easily if something is faulty.

!