DLL problem

Hi,
My grandson is having problems with a game and I was wondering if anyone
can assist in this problem

He has bought a pc game called Grand Theft Auto 3 which he has installed
today.
-----------------------------------
This error message error is coming up and game cannot be played -

Required DLL D3D8.DLL is missing

Missing export DDRAW.DLL:LockCB
------------------------------------
W98 SE
Apparently it allowed him to install Direct X ver 8.1.

Any help most appreciated.
Regards
Geordie.
Remove the (PROP) to crash spam !

Requested Files (Games?)
These are files users have frequently reported as "missing" from their
download.
Ddraw.dll Dinput.dll Dplay.dll Dplayx.dll Dsound.dll Wing.dll
Wing32.dll
Try DLL World http://dll.yaroslavl.ru/

As to d3d8.dll it should have come with DirectX8 but try this:
Download and install the latest version of DirectX (which the game may
need) To do so, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://www.microsoft.com/windo­ws/directx/downloads/default.a­sp

....Alan

--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/index.html

In article <a4h881pa5tdsp7b2ccfpm5t6b7dt35aahe@4ax.com>,
edwards@southcom.com.au says...
> Requested Files (Games?)
> These are files users have frequently reported as "missing" from their
> download.
> Ddraw.dll Dinput.dll Dplay.dll Dplayx.dll Dsound.dll Wing.dll
> Wing32.dll
Hi Alan,
Thank you for your prompt reply, it was very much appreciated