Win98 Solitaire blank

My Win98 Solitaire will open and I can select any menu item but the only
thing that actually works is the "about Windows". I can't play a game as no
cards appear and all other menu options once selected do nothing.
I have removed it and reintalled it with no joy using the control panel.
I've also tried reloading Windows completely.
This problem is not vital but it is definitely perpexing.

"Jacca" <Jacca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My Win98 Solitaire will open and I can select any menu item but the only
>thing that actually works is the "about Windows". I can't play a game as no
>cards appear and all other menu options once selected do nothing.
>I have removed it and reintalled it with no joy using the control panel.
>I've also tried reloading Windows completely.
>This problem is not vital but it is definitely perpexing.
>Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

That problem was known to happen in older versions of solitaire
(Windows 3.x). One of the causes was if solitaire was launched with a
shift key depressed. You might want to check your keyboard and see
if there is a shift key that is stuck in the down position.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP