Program error

When I shutdown my 98 SE I get a program error. In mksc it say: This progran
has performed an illegal operation and will shutdown. Can anyone tell me
what program it is and what I need to do?

And

Sometime I get: Afatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C29B3373 in VXD
PCIMP(1) + 00001C33. The currebt application will be terminated. What is
this and how do I fix it?
3 answers Last reply
More about program error

    http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?fr=0&SD=GN&LN=EN-US MSKB
    Search "PCIMP"; Windows 98; Full Text; Exact Match; comes up will only
    these...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;195564&Product=w98
    Computer with Accelerated Graphics Port Hangs After Suspend
    (195564) - When you try to resume your computer from Suspend mode or
    Standby mode after running a program that uses advanced graphics
    features of DirectX 6.0 (such as some game programs), your computer may
    stop responding (hang).NOTE: Another symptom is the...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245682&Product=w98
    IDE Controller Is Disabled in Device Manager If Secondary IDE Channel Is
    Disabled in the BIOS
    (245682) - When you are running Windows 98 on a computer with a VIA
    Technologies integrated device electronics (IDE) controller that uses
    the Apollo Pro chip set, one or more of the following symptoms may occur
    if you disable the secondary IDE channel in the...

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    "Chrystal" <Chrystal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | When I shutdown my 98 SE I get a program error. In mksc it say: This
    progran
    | has performed an illegal operation and will shutdown. Can anyone tell
    me
    | what program it is and what I need to do?
    |
    | And
    |
    | Sometime I get: Afatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C29B3373 in
    VXD
    | PCIMP(1) + 00001C33. The currebt application will be terminated.
    What is
    | this and how do I fix it?

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=238096
    Shutdown Problems
    This article has a link in it to pages full of articles on shutdown
    problems.

    http://www.aumha.org/a/shtdwnse.php Shutdown problems, SE specific.
    http://www.aumha.org/a/shutdown.htm Shutdown problems.

    Definitely, try... "START button, Run, MSConfig, Advanced button".
    Check "Disable fast shutdown", if there. The item won't be there, if you
    have downloaded a certain patch from Windows Update.

    --
    Thanks or Good Luck,
    There may be humor in this post, and,
    Naturally, you will not sue,
    should things get worse after this,
    PCR
    pcrrcp@netzero.net
    "Chrystal" <Chrystal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | When I shutdown my 98 SE I get a program error. In mksc it say: This
    progran
    | has performed an illegal operation and will shutdown. Can anyone tell
    me
    | what program it is and what I need to do?
    |
    | And
    |
    | Sometime I get: Afatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C29B3373 in
    VXD
    | PCIMP(1) + 00001C33. The currebt application will be terminated.
    What is
    | this and how do I fix it?

    When you get an "illegal operation" error message, click the "Details" button, and
    post back with the exact details word for word, up to but not including the memory
    registers.
    --
    Glen Ventura, MS MVP Shell/User, A+
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Chrystal" <Chrystal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I shutdown my 98 SE I get a program error. In mksc it say: This progran
    > has performed an illegal operation and will shutdown. Can anyone tell me
    > what program it is and what I need to do?
    >
    > And
    >
    > Sometime I get: Afatal exception OE has occurred at 0028:C29B3373 in VXD
    > PCIMP(1) + 00001C33. The currebt application will be terminated. What is
    > this and how do I fix it?

Microsoft Shutdown Windows