CT

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

I switch on the pc - windows XP pro loads to the log on screen - I see my
wallpaper for about 10 seconds and then I get logged off.

Safe mode gives the same result so I cant get to the restore point.

Thanks

Hi

Have you tried 'Last Known Good Configuration'? That option can be accessed
on the same screen as Safe Mode.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"ct" <rjt678@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>I switch on the pc - windows XP pro loads to the log on screen - I see my
> wallpaper for about 10 seconds and then I get logged off.
>
> Safe mode gives the same result so I cant get to the restore point.
>
> Thanks

CT

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Yes I have tried that but no luck - I think this has happened because of a
Symantec update is this possible