Sign in with
Your question

Palm m515 configuration to windows 7

Last response: in Windows 7
April 17, 2011 12:58:32 AM

Hello,
I have a palm 515 palm pilot and it will not hot sync with windows 7. Can anyone help?
August 27, 2011 7:53:55 PM

kenny010122 said:
Hello,
I have a palm 515 palm pilot and it will not hot sync with windows 7. Can anyone help?

Hello Kenny
Do you stil have the problem?
I just synchronized a Palm m515 on my windows 7 64Bit System using palmhotsyncsetup.exe from pimlico Software inc. and PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v10518.zip for the USB to Serial Connection.
m
l
September 7, 2011 11:16:13 PM

Hello Kuno,
I have the same problem as Kenny. I run W7 Prof. 64 bits and I have a Palm m151 and a cradle which is connected to the PC by an USB2-cable.
I dowloaded and installed "ACCESS Palm Desktop v. 6.2.2", dowloaded and executed "palmhotsyncsetup.exe" and dowloaded and installed the PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v10516".
I can start the Palm HotSync Manager but when I press the button on the cradle nothing happens.

I would be gratefull when you could be a bit more specific about the installation process. Did I install/run the programs in the right order? Do I have to start the "HotSync Manager" before running "palmhotsyncsetup.exe". When do I connect the Palm+Cradle to the PC? And what is the function of the USB to Serial Connection driver? As far as I am aware I don't use an USB to Serial Connection.

Thanks and regards, Pim

m
l
Related resources
July 27, 2012 7:35:55 AM

PimV said:
Hello Kuno,
I have the same problem as Kenny. I run W7 Prof. 64 bits and I have a Palm m151 and a cradle which is connected to the PC by an USB2-cable.
I dowloaded and installed "ACCESS Palm Desktop v. 6.2.2", dowloaded and executed "palmhotsyncsetup.exe" and dowloaded and installed the PL2303_Prolific_DriverInstaller_v10516".
I can start the Palm HotSync Manager but when I press the button on the cradle nothing happens.
(...).

Thanks and regards, Pim

I too run W7 Prof. 64 bits and have a Palm M515 with a cradle which is connected to the PC by an USB2-cable.

Palm Desktop v.6...is impossible with Palm M515 if you want to sync with the handheld anyway.

So it's Palm M515 with Palm Desktop 4.1.4,

then the rest of the solution is here :

http://forums.hpwebos.com/t5/Windows-HotSync/hotsync-m5...

Worked beautifully, instantly.
How great!
m
l
July 27, 2012 10:15:00 PM

@ Gigi01: Thank you very much to take the trouble to update me.
Now I looked again in the various threads and learned that 64 bit drivers are available from Aceeca:
click here.
m
l
!